Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What is the longest shot you have taken and hit yer target? Check this out.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile What is the longest shot you have taken and hit yer target? Check this out.

"On August 22, a Warrant Officer Benjamin, the leader of the armored platoon in the 1st Regiment of Chasseurs d'Afrique, and his support team broke the world record for long-distance shooting after successfully hitting a target 2.29 miles (3695 meters) away"

"Following this success, the team continued to work with a goal of roughly 2.29 miles in mind. At such distances, a number of factors come into play that could influence the shot, such as atmospheric pressure and slight variations in wind speed."
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/french...185643941.html

Does not mention caliber? .50 cal maybe? Or I wonder if one of the lighter rounds the snipers are using now? Would .50, good long range cal. but would it be to heavy a bullet?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

3/297th Inf Retired AARNG Akfite's Avatar
    Feedback Score

I shot a man size target at 1000 with M24 sniper rifle (Remington 700) at an army range in Pohakuloa Training Area with the wind behind us. ANd I have shot lots of targets at 1000 meters with the 50 caliber Browning. I think the cartridge they used was the 338 Lapua
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Akfite View Post
    I shot a man size target at 1000 with M24 sniper rifle (Remington 700) at an army range in Pohakuloa Training Area with the wind behind us. ANd I have shot lots of targets at 1000 meters with the 50 caliber Browning. I think the cartridge they used was the 338 Lapua
    "CheyTac USA 408 M300 Intervention"
    408 CheyTac | CheyTac USA, LLC

Guess it was the .408 Akfite, did some research on the weapon? So many new weapons and cartridges coming out their tough to follow.
    Some interesting specs. on its creation. Advertised as an extreme long range weapon. Damn I guess the hell it is. Think they start at around $10 grand?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.408_Cheyenne_Tactical
    Akfite likes this.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

yeah ive dropped in a lot of 50bmg from 1000 to 1500yds... & if your "walking them in"? its no problem at all for that distance.

target shooting on the other hand? i totally sucked at that. those guys in the 50cal club were hitting man targets at 1K with ease... not so much for me.

best shot for me was an almost empty 20lb propane cylinder at 800meters. 50bmg API with a cheap bushnell scope. that was a hell of an explosion.

but lots of these guys up here are now using 6mm for the long range target matches.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

im here to build stuff.... not cry about "how things used to be"
    YES, i work for TEC Tactical.. 07/02 SOT

Rcovering tangentialist stalker1's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Standing next to a guy shooting a 50bmg with eyes and ears on is a rush. Like shooting a FAL at a car with the fun switch at 50 meters. At a legal mg shoot of course. Never shot a single shot 50. Hear they are fun.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

It seems the Barret is getting strong competition? Lot of good builders here. The Govt. has wads of cash to hand out for off road vehicles those crazy dudes that jump out of good airplanes and swim under water need.
    Plus you top notch gun builders should work on this long range stuff? Give it a go and show the Govt. hell yah never know. $$$$$ Not just long range, look at the tech. from Israel that developed the gun to shoot around corners looking through a video image.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Saw that 4th. Remember the mp40 the Germans developed in ww2? The gangstas wouldn't know what to do turning the gun at a 45 degree angle on that!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

yeah long range sniper style shooting is something i just sucked at... cant hold still.... dont breathe correctly.. & then the crazy heartbeat gets in the way... & at 1K yds.... that heartbeat has made me miss by about 6 feet! LMAO

so i went back to belt fed 50bmg's & just walk them in out there. that was way more fun anyway. find a big rock & reduce it to gravel. :-)
    say what you mean & mean what you say

im here to build stuff.... not cry about "how things used to be"
    YES, i work for TEC Tactical.. 07/02 SOT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

About 920 yards on a praire dog with the 223 AK on the third shot. Second shot was off by about 10" would likely hit a man target.

Have had unconfirmed hits over a 1000 but thats lobbing them in an hoping it hits.

I did a deer at over 600 with the 30-06 first shot. Likely my best one shoot no range finder.

Pretty proud of some 330 yard P dog hits with a 22LR that was fairly consistant.
    10 feet at that range changed hold over.

Still waiting for that 1000 yard one shot one kill Pdog shot. Its tough to get range readings an in SD the wind is always blowing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Good shooting biggun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

appleseed shooting techniques

is appleseed competative

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.