Thread: First AR

Feedback Score

Default First AR

I finally broke down and started assembling an AR. Bought the Charles Daly complete lower from CFS $375 shipping and tranafer fee, blem upper receiver off another site $87,bolt carrier group $145 off another site,bolt handle $15 and a Delton barrel assy and 4 window Promags for $291 for a total of $913.

Did I spend too much?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

thats hard to say . at one time we were going on about how cheap we could build an ar-15/m clone.

today thats all out the window. the surplus parts are gone, the glut of ar-15 parts is mostly gone .

considering the panic buying and the gouging going on recently i think it is going to be a long time --obamma is going have to be out of office and a gun friendly administration be in power before we see discount pricing on ar-15 stuff.

there were some pretty decent ar-15s going for $899 not counting mags so $900 for an ar-15 build ain't far off i don't think.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The Sig m400 I got with a Sig 3X scope "T" retical was 879 on sale at Walmart just 6-8 months ago , Hell there 15 or better now WTF?? I wanted to do up a heavy barrel 20-22" barrel one but stuff went ballistic,,, price wise, or totally out of stock,, so I just bagged that idea for now,, my Bushmaster and Sig will tie me over for now,,, but I sure did want to build a super varmiter,,,,,,DRAT !!!!!

Maybe later,,,,,,, Put up some pics when you're done.

Feedback Score

I ordered the barrel assembly tuesday and I got a notice Delton shipped it wednesday. I thought that was pretty fast shipping. Thanks for your repliies.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.