Thread: Moisons $99.99

Feedback Score

Default Moisons $99.99

Just saw this. Haven't seen any $100 MN's in a while!

http://www.classicfirearms.com/originalmolotm9130wbayob
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Got that email too. I still get Mosins locally for that price so I save on shipping but other sites have these for around $130 to $179. Good to see prices coming back to normal. Did lots of business with Classic with Ben and some with the new owners. Seem to be decent folk and always stand behind their merch.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'd been able to buy them right along for that, but there a lower grade than I'd want myself.

The last Hex I got from Century didn't have and rearsenal proof marks nor had it been reblued. I seriously doubt it had ever been issued at all, not even a skid mark on the follower from ever being loaded, the outside,,just as nice. There few and far between like that, but I have a few I've found. My keepers for the future.

Feedback Score

I know these are a historically significant rifle, and there are a tons of fans of them, but they just don't feel good in my hands. I certainly wouldn't try to convince someone not to buy one, but the only reason I would even consider one is the $99.99 price.

And now that I wrote that I will have to look at the ad again and perhaps reconsider. DAMN YOU GUYS FOR POSTING THIS!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

there a fun gun to play with . some day they will be hard to get like mausers an aks an the like .

If I had $99 Id get a couple more to sell some day latter .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Your probably right, they'll be like the K98's someday. Maybe not quite so much so sense they were made in double the amounts as Mausers, but for sure they will appreciate.

But even those aren't all that valuable other than the pristine ones or rare ones. Ya they've gone up considerably, but some I've seen out there are just ridiculously priced ,,the Mausers anyhow.

Honestly,,,,The only way they have,, real value,, is if there near perfect or extremely rare, then they have to be way above the "good- Very good" condition rating still to be worth much. This goes for any of the WW11 vintage stuff or any other gun for that matter. Some people think they have extremely valuable guns , when in fact they don't.

A good example is the Swed Mausers, I see them for 7-800 bucks in only fair to good condition,,,guess what,,,,,

there still sitting on the shelve for that price ,,,, and M1 Garrands, the same way. A fishing bud had a Springfield one and he thought he was going to get >2K for it sense it was in "great shape, like new",,,, and It was,,,,

for a rebuilt parts gun,, it sold for 650.

Myself I wouldn't get any of the surplus guns unless they were pristine or a minimum of Ex condition at least, unless I was looking for something to sportize. And in a the case of a Mossin,,why bother??

I'm not trying to be a smart ass here,,,but,,,,it's kinda like the Peruvian up for sale here recently.,,9 something!!!! WOW !! Those are relatively rare but in that particular condition they sure aren't worth that to a true collector. Ya It is a good one for sure and definatly a desireable model, but,,,,,People need to get real with there expectations. I see old Mausers all the time at shops for big $$$$ and they just seem to circulate from one shop to another on consignment,,and still never sell unless someone with more money than brains should happen to buy it. I know of at least 5-6 of the Paruvian Mausers in that same general condition I could buy for <400 around here, but don't because they just don't meet my condition criteria, there just not really collectible peroid. You REALLY have to look at collector guns with a critical eye and not let the mystique fog your judgement.

If you're building a collection it's just like any other antique, they MUST be pristine ,100% original ,,not re-arsenaled, or mismatched # or a very very rare variant close to that condition to really be worth anything on the open market. People just don't understand this it seems.

The Mossins will never equal the mystique or values of many guns in that vintage sense they were made in the multi-millions and for such a long period of time.

I agree with ya FyredUp they really don't yank my ya-ya all that much either but I do have 3 that do meet my collector criteria and the 4th one is just a "truck gun" for banging around with.

That being said,, every once and a while Century has some extremely good quality ones but you'd better not linger on them if you want one, they disappear very fast in the ex- conditions grades, especially the Hex ones!!!

Just a hint with Century,,and I may be kicking myself in the balls for saying this, but,,,,,

When these do come in, generally in the Limited supply or unadvertised specials category's on line,, and when you call, dial ext 405 for Keith, he's a real straight shooter and will give you a true heads up on how something is running condition wise, he's never steered me wrong ,,not even once. He's a good guy and he really knows his shit when it comes to condition and grading!

Feedback Score

Default MN's

Remembered an old story out of a Remington history book I had or have. There was a story about the MN's. Seems that Remington had a very large contract with the Russians. A burly jerk rag Russian Army officer would come by the plant quite often. He would stop at the racks of finished rifles, grab one, load, cock and slam the butt stock on the floor trying for ignition. He never found a defect although he broke many stocks. The workers got sick of it, took one or several of the rifles, modified them to fire if mishandled this way and put them in the racks where the jerk usually chose one. At his next inspection he grabbed one of the modified rifles, loaded, cocked it and slammed it on the floor...BOOM, deafened those in the room not ready, blew a hole in the roof. Those in the know said the mans attitude changed that day and he never broke another stock.
    Last edited by mija; 12-14-2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.