Thread: Why I Like Glocks

Feedback Score

Default Why I Like Glocks

Yes, the Glock is an ugly hunk of plastic and metal. Yes, it is ridiculed by some as the "tupperware" pistol. Yes, some people turn their noses down at the thought of a Glock. It's kind of "cool" to be anti-Glock, particularly on gun forums where some regard it as a mark of their knowledge of firearms to "hate the plastic pistol" etc. Others just don't like it because they think it is has, well, a face only a mother would love. There's nothing stylish about a Glock. On the other hand: they do what they are made to do, reliably. They are very easy to maintain. They require little by way of training to learn how to get it to go bang. Some hate that they have no external safety. With a round in the chamber, all you do is pull the trigger and it goes bang and you keep pulling the trigger until the magazine runs out of ammo. That's good, for some, bad for others.

But, frankly, I like Glocks because they have a proven track record of simply working. They just work.

So, without further ado: here is my "Why I Like Glock" video, and, as always, offered respectfully, FWIW, mindful that YMMV.

Member of the National Rifle Association (Life/Endowment); Gun Owners of America (Life); Garand Collectors Association; National Shooting Sports Foundation. CCW License Holder in MO. FFL 03 License Holder.

Check out my Gun and Gear channel on YouTube:
    VDMA VIDEOS.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I am a Glock convert. In looking for another Colt Delta Elite, all I could find were out of my price range. When a like new glock 20 came up for sale, I bought it. Ugly, and didn't feel right in my hand. I wasn't sure I had made a very smart purchase until I took it to the range. After 1 mag I was hooked. Tight groups, controllable recoil, great presentation out of the holster. Whats not to like?
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Self admitted Glock Fanboy. Not the best pistol in the world, but I could still find a justification as to why it is Reliable, accurate and proven track record. If it's good enough to protect the pope it's gotta say something right?
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

I am ambivalent on Glocks.

I don't like the way they feel in my hand, and that is why I won't own one. BUT, I won't try to convince you not to buy one if it is what you want.

Choices, it's what makes the shooting hobby fun.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

If Glocks weren't such a dependable handgun - the other big companies like Smith & Wesson, Ruger, FN, (to name a few) wouldn't have copied the polymer frame idea.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.