Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Romy G AMD

Feedback Score

Default Romy G AMD

50 yards after attempting to sight in for battle ready 0(my marksmanship is nowhere near my mechanical ability)

I have 120 rounds through it with no malfunctions. Everything feels solid and works properly. I cant express how thrilled I am with how it turned out, and that it functions correctly.

Some of you may recognize my username as Ive been creeping and asking questions but more than anything I want to thank everyone on this forum for the amazing knowledge they have contributed to making these projects possible. I especially want to give a big thumbs up to pookie for leaving such a thorough site up for all these years. Despite all the swearing, alcoholic drinks, broken tools and money spent(overall around $600 including the magazines), I really enjoyed building it and I have my radar on for reasonable kits to do another/guide some close friends/family.
    Last edited by jimraynor21; 08-28-2013 at 01:36 AM.
    Tommo likes this.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

Interesting., I see you used an AK47 FSB mounted backwards. Pieceing her together. Sweet.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I like it! I have one of those vented steel upper handguards I've been meaning to use one of these days. Better do it soon, as I'm running out of AK kits. And frankly kind of moving on from AK's to tube guns & beltfeds.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by akblue View Post
    Interesting., I see you used an AK47 FSB mounted backwards. Pieceing her together. Sweet.
    Indeed I did and I did not realize it until you pointed it out. I guess I have more work to do this weekend.

I really considered putting the AMD handguards/pistol grip on it to make it more correct but I find the dong likable.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Nice looking franken build
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

"I have 120 rounds through it with no malfunctions. Everything feels solid and works properly"

Do not rebuild it.. That is a real Mans AK. .120 rounds with great hitting, leave it alone.
    Excellent job young feller..
    My favorite AK is my Franken build.. Hell I do not even know what I used for parts, but it goes bang.. Great job on that..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Good first job, and don't discount frankenguns. They can be some of the most fun ones in your collection. Thanks for sharing.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Nice! Good job. There's nothing wrong with a Frankenbuild! I have a couple that I love. NOW you're hooked bud. Damn AK's tend to multiply like fricking rabbits after the first one!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Nice work on the build and thanks for the pics.

Feedback Score

How did u do your rivets if I may ask? U say they are not to clean looking.....but the pics aren't close enough to tell.....just curious because I'm a novice builder as well, with the same level of mechanical inclinations judging from your ability description. Just wanted to know in case you could advise for/against the method in which you attempted....Thanks
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.