Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rivit squeezer

Feedback Score

Default rivit squeezer

well guys I have been plugging a way at the builds and I guess you could say I haven't gotten much more done with all the fourth stuff going on . I do have the long rivet jig built and it looks good. I have gotten a lot of good advice from all of you guys and I hope you can help me with a new issue.... I am making my own set of rivet squeezers( toth copy) for the short front trunnion rivits and I was wondering about overall rivet length that achieves the correct size shop head when the rivet is squeezed .I want my squeezer to come out right when I finish grinding the jaws. I only have rudimentary grinding done to the jaws- if I knew what the tool was measuring when it was fully closed that should be what the rivet measures after squeezing? has any body seen a good diagram with dimensions out there for this tool? any ideas on making the tool or good diagrams would be greatly appreciated. also any good suggestions for the swellneck rivet head shape for the backer plates? I ve made a few but you guys have got to have a few tricks for that I bet. thanks again guys.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The rivet handles are adjustable so you have plenty of wiggle room to make it work. Check my link in my tagline...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Ha! You asked a question about life and death, and God walked into the room to chat! When you talk about squeezers, you talk to the Pook.
    Also, check this thread out. Made my life a lot easier.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/gunsmith...ng-plates.html
    member # 575

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I second that! Pookie's site guided me through a number of issues. In my attempt to be gentle; don't overthink this too much. I satisfied myself by stacking up a number of thin washers to approximate the thickness of the trunnion and the receiver, and tested a few times. When I thought I had it right, I ran through it for "real" and had no issues. I did loosen the handles up by 1/4 turn and that did the trick. Then I blasted through 6 recievers over the next two hours. That was a great day...

For all the times I forgot to say this....Thanks Pookie!
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

thanks again for the info.pookie has an awesome site and i am very thankful for the good pics. i should have them done soon( i dont want to rush as building them is half the fun) and will post some pics as i figure out how to . last time i wasnt able to get them to display. i would like your opinion on the builds. it is nice to know that there are people out there that love the ak as much as i do.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

For the record, I agree with cornholio, billy goat leaf vacuum pong papers are a hobby of mine also.
    WTF?
    member # 575

Feedback Score

billy goat leaf vacuum pong papers...??? did i miss something... (TP for bunghole) .... not sure... i might need a translator or have you been over indulging in on of your vices???????? nothing wrong with that

Feedback Score

even if i dont understand all you guys all the time i still appreciate all advice

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

There was a bunch of spam posts above me for a minute, they've been deleted. I was just having some fun. It would have made more sense if I would've quoted them but I figgered my post would be deleted too.
    Alas, even the best of intentions meet with police intervention.

I think we'll all miss billy goat leaf vacuum pong papers (which was a direct cut and paste from the spam post) sooner or later.

The spam poster name was something like cornfiglio1982, or something like that. Thus, the cornholio reference. I don't claim to make sense, just money and fun.
    member # 575

Feedback Score

i still havent finished these rivit tools and the kits are piling up as my wife says

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak 47 with heavy barrel
ak-47 heavy barrel
heavy barrel ak 47
heavy barrel ak-47
heavy barrel al47
new ak-47 heavy barrels

polish ak 47 16 heavy barrel import

will the aes10b heavy barrel fit a ak 47
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.