Thread: Best 14mm brake

Feedback Score

Default Best 14mm brake

I need a 14mm muzzle brake that is at leased 2 inches long. What is the best one available? Anyone have a 14mm to 21mm adaptor in stock?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Another "which is best " question,,, again, as with anything,,,,it depends on the gun.

From my experiences the Krink style one is great for SBR applications sense it captures extra gas for proper cycling. On a regular length barrel I have had really good results with the AK74 style ones. They'll give you the length you are looking for and they have been very effective on anything I've used them on. Must be why they use that style on everything from AK's to howitzers !!!

I have the CNC Warrior ones on 2 of my AK platforms, and 1 on a VZ58 and they are both fantastic. I very much like there products, good quality, fit, finish, and reasonably priced compared to some of the maul ninja flashy stuff that sorta works and is to expensive.

Not much of a list, I know,, but those are the ones I've found that really work and,, work well,, and are affordable. Breaks don't have to cost >100 bucks to work and have fancy scallops machined stuff all over them ect. The CNC Worrior 74 one was in the 20-25 buck range and it works better than any other I've used. I haven't tried a hundred different ones and just stuck with the CNC one sense it worked well, so I can't speak for every brand out there. But after trying the CNC Warrior ones,,,no need to shop further when you find something that works. But I did go through lots of different ones before I tried the ones I have now, maybe 10-15 different brands/styles. The 74 type just worked best for my applications.

A friend and I even screwed one on a x54R Mossin he'd threaded and it worked even better there than on my AK, guess the higher pressures and extra gas make them even more effective on that one.

Hope that helps some,, the 74 style is my preferred brake for most uses. Remember ear plugs though,,, breaks make the report louder for the shooter most of the time. One downside to breaks.
    One funny thing I did notice on my AR platforms though, I have a Bushmaster with nothing on the barrel, and a Sig AR with a birdcage type flash suppressor on it. The Sig is half as loud ,,, that Bushmaster throws a flame 2 feet long and as big around as a large pumkin and the muzzle concussion is respectable, not so with the Sig with just the flash hider. There's way more of a difference than I expected.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Ditto on the 74 style. They work really good. Also, the AMD brake is a really good one. I even use them on my PSL.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Ditto on the 74 style. They work really good. Also, the AMD brake is a really good one. I even use them on my PSL.
    I second the AMD as a very good comp. Even seems to help the accuracy as opposed to the slant brake.
    I also like the 74 type. U can drill out the exit hole for 30 cal.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

i DONT KNOW WHATS BEST AN THERE ARE A LOT OF AFTERMARKETS OUT THERE BUT A AMD 65 BREAK IS GOOD AN INEXPENSIVE I RECOMED THEM AN IS AT LEAST TOW INCHES LONG .

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.