Thread: Obama Admin Quietly Releases Taliban Inmates From Gitmo To Open Peace Talks In Afghan

Feedback Score

Default Obama Admin Quietly Releases Taliban Inmates From Gitmo To Open Peace Talks In Afghan

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...In-Afghanistan

Without an official announcement or any publicity, the Obama administration released five members of the Taliban from Gitmo in order to open peace talks in Afghanistan.

Ynetnews.com reports that "a top U.S. official said the prisoners were released under the condition that they will not engage in any violent activity."

The terror activity of those released is not in question. Rather, their release is intended as a gesture to get peace talks rolling between the U.S., Afghanistan, and the Taliban.

Although this release is a stark departure from the standing U.S. policy of "zero tolerance [of] negotiations with terrorists and releasing of prisoners," Obama's State Department has may have found a loophole via their reluctance to define the Taliban as a terror group as of late.

One thing is for certain--the more prisoners Obama can release from Gitmo in a piecemeal fashion the quicker he can justify asking Congress to cut off funding for the prison altogether.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the irony is the government is trying PFC manning for treason-- so if what manning did was treason--what is THIS?

but hey--remember that islamic terrorist dr at fort hood?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

i wonder why.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

They "won't engage in violent activity" my @$$!!!! They've shown that they virtually immediately go back to trying to kill Americans.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

obama says "well US violent gang-bangers enjoy being released so will violent terrorist!" you see it is all about the TERRORISTs rights--

hell he will probably fast track them INTO the USA--as CITIZENS--

Feedback Score

This is spawned from a sever lack of understanding of reality. That is actually one of the pillars of liberalism I think. Denial. These people have no form of education outside of the version of Islam taught to them (not real Islam, the version taught to them). And the version taught to them says Jihad is acceptable whenever they feel like it really. These men have sworn themselves to killing Americans. If not Americans they will kill whoever gets on their bad side or doesn't see thing their way.

I understand our politicians have a hard time seeing reality from their ivory towers and our higher education system has a hard time seeing it from their classrooms and books. But wisdom is gained from experience and about 99% of these idiots have none. So it is no surprise that they would make a call to try and work peace talks with people who would love nothing more than to wipe America off the face of the earth, but as long as they feel better about themselves. As long as you can make people happy reality doesn't matter in the slightest.

If there is one thing I know about Afghans and the Taliban is they do not respect weakness in the slightest. Why do you think old Hamid Karzai spits in our face all the time. They smell the blood in the water stemming from weak ass leadership we have here. Does anybody think those men will have any respect for a peace agreement they made with someone they see as weak. We put Karzai in power and he doesn't even respect us. So me thinks the Taliban will never honor any form of peace with us they will just take us pulling out as a victory for them and they will oust the President and take over that country again and this time they will have the ability to say they beat big bad America.

"I'm not worried America has sent it's best after me because I will sacrifice 1000 of my men to kill a few of their and they will simply go away" - Somali Warlord Mohammad Farrah Aidid.

Anybody who has ever seen Blackhawk Down know who Mohhammad Farrah Aidid was. Do you think he was when he said that? Seems to be a pattern.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea the liberals are in denial , or as an old general once said, "they were doomed to failure when the leadership began to believe its own propaganda!"

when your dealing with groups like the taliban, hammas , the brotherhood and so on , the big problem is that they don't really have a organization as we know it and there is no one in charge.

so no matter what kind of deal we make, at least some of them are going to go back on the deal. and that is if there is intent to go through with it to start with.

more than likely there is no intent to follow through on the taliban side at all.

they will take whatever we are stupid enough to give them , then attack the US or other western targets at their leisure.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i agree with Obongo-- we should RELEASE all the tangos--from 10,000 feet! their parachutes will be "made in china" by the lowest bidders!

we might be in for another "tragic accident" here!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.