Thread: vortex viper 2-7x!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Cool vortex viper 2-7x!

we were discussing the vortex viper 2-7x 32 for the ar-15 set up the other day and it comes highly recommended by most shooters as a very high quality optic for it price.

the bad new was the scope was dropped by vortex a year or so ago and the supply of them dried up --@ $170 they sold out pretty quickly.

yesterday i may have got lucky SWFA had a new open box "B" viper BDC in their sample list for $159-- so i grabbed that puppy--LOL! if what i have been hearing about the vipers is true this was a hell of a deal--

we will see how it stacks up against the diamondback -- i suspect it shall do very well--

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

my grade "B" vortex viper came in today.

looks pretty good. got a couple tiny marks in the finish and there is the ring shadow of where it was mounted. other than that the scope could pass for new. for what it sold for i certainly can't complain. it had been out of production for a year or more so any out there have got to have been handled , mounted and shop worn just a little.

the most important the glass is crystal clear! very bright too. direct comparison to the vortex diamondback it does look better, it is clearer and less distortion through the mag range. it does not have the slight rolly-polly effect around the edges of the diamondback @ 2x. and it has much more eye relief.

the only little thing i see about the viper is the eye box is a little tight in certain parts of the mag range and it has to be mounted very carefully to the proper eye relief to you eye. when you find that sweet spot is seems easy to stay in it. so it has a pretty wide band of usable space there. its FOV is very good though not as gigantic as the diamondback. they probably traded off some FOV to get that 4" of eye relief.

the fast focus and the mag ring seem very fluid compared to the diamondback. the diamondback is new and this viper is a year or more old and has seen some if only a little use.

now i ain't kicking the diamondback as it is a good scope-i thought i might sell mine but i am beginning to think i should keep it too. -but i do see what people were talking about in the viper. it ain't all just internet hot air-- the viper does have some beautifully made glass and was a steal back when they were blowing um out.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I've got a 2x7 viper on my 300BLK AR. It does a fine job. Its setting in a QD Burris PEPR mount.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 555th View Post
    I've got a 2x7 viper on my 300BLK AR. It does a fine job. Its setting in a QD Burris PEPR mount.
    thats the same mount i got!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.