Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: building a sbr

Feedback Score

Default building a sbr

whats the deal on building a sbr ar15? i was thinking of a xm177 w/14 in. barrel?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Depends on the state you live in.

Feedback Score

And you gotta get the tax stamp on it unless you make it a pistol. Like vz58 said as well there are several states that don't allow them tax stamp or not.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

In some of the states that 'don't allow' a 'person' to own one, do allow a corporation to own one. And you can file papers making yourself a corporation.
    Be sure to check all the angles.
    Hunter

Feedback Score

live in w.v. and what is the length on a sbr! 16 a carbine .

Feedback Score

An SBR is any rifle that has a barrel less than 16" long. I have an AR upper that has an 10.25" barrel. If you've read some previous posts of mine, you know I'm not a fan of carbine-length rifles. SBRs either. This is just for when SHTF.
    Hunter
    PS Perry, my dad was born in Berkley Springs, WV

Feedback Score

Corporations (LLC's) or firearms trusts are a good way to get around a Sherif who refuses to sign off on personal ownership of a Class III weapon (as is the case in Miami-Dade County). There are several cases where a corporation with an out of state address or a government contract is allowed to carry class III weapons in states which don't allow personal ownership of them. Most of those have to do with private security contracts. Just look up the laws pertaining to your state, but as far as I know it's legal in WV with proper paperwork.

The well informed Mr. Krink will usually be able to help you out in this matter though.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you have to pay $200 and wait for months on a stamp from the BATF.

i built a legal XM-177e2 replica some years ago --that is more along the lines of a legal m4, that being a blind pinned and silver soldered a fake modulator/FH on there to get the length to 16.2"

you can do the same to 14.5" m4 barrels to get them to 16" length.

Feedback Score

just what is the big deal on 14 or 16 in. barrels? i just dont see a reason for all the bull about barrel lenghts.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by perry View Post
    just what is the big deal on 14 or 16 in. barrels? i just dont see a reason for all the bull about barrel lenghts.
    Welcome to GUNCO

It was an asinine rule placed on firearms ownership by an ATF which was and is completely out of touch. Plus according to popular belief, a 14 inch barrel is more lethal than a 16 inch barrel because not only does it cause the rifle to fire 1000 rounds a minute, but you can conceal it in your front pocket and sneak it through metal detectors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.