Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Full Polish Receiver Prototypes – BIG PICS

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Full Polish Receiver Prototypes – BIG PICS

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted, I talked to mtdew on the phone the other day and it reminded me to post on here.

I thought some of you would find this interesting.

We just completed a run of prototypes for our up-coming receiver line. We will be releasing AKM and 74 fixed stock models.

To complete this project we have invested in a new Miller spot-welder and added a controller to provide 4 stages for each weld. All holes are machined using CNC to insure accuracy. We have also invested a lot of time (and money) testing the whole manufacturing process to insure the most reliable product. We start with a Polish blank and a set of rails from the Radom factory.

Each receiver has the following completed:
    Top rails machined
    Lower rails spot welded to receiver
    Holes machined for:
    Trigger guard rivets
    Fire control group
    Center support

The receiver is heat treated in our salt bath to 40 HRC.

Base price of $80

The center support holes are drilled, but the center support is not installed. This will be offered as an option ($10).

We will also be offering custom serial number engraving ($15).

Front and Rear Trunnion rivet holes are not machined.

Everything from Poland except the holes!

Some victims of our destructive testing:

Larger Pics (for those with bad eyes and/or small monitors):

http://childersguns.com/image/data/r...1Proto1LRG.JPG

http://childersguns.com/image/data/r...1Proto2LRG.JPG

http://childersguns.com/image/data/r...oTests1LRG.JPG

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have 2 non matching Polish ak 47 parts kits with origanal barrals for sale if anyone is intrested that would complete those awsome receivers 450 each .
    Pics upon request.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'd be interested in on for the 74
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Dang those look great Cam!! Nice job. So what needs to be done to set up with an FFL for shipping? I used the shell I got from you to build a Tula Krink with. Not particularly historically correct, but it's what I had at the time, and money was tight. It came out great. I was very pleased/impressed with the heat treating.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Dang those look great Cam!! Nice job. So what needs to be done to set up with an FFL for shipping? I used the shell I got from you to build a Tula Krink with. Not particularly historically correct, but it's what I had at the time, and money was tight. It came out great. I was very pleased/impressed with the heat treating.
    Thanks man, how's it going?

I should have them for sale in the next 2-3 weeks and you will be able to upload a copy of your FFL (just like all the other gun sites). I will have a coupon for members of Gunco and AKfiles, when I release these that will save you some money.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Cameron, that's great! I just finished my build with the blank I got from you. It turned out great. I was worried about drilling the holes in the hardened material with regular drill bits but new bits cut great. If the bits are even a little dull you will have problems. I have another that I will be sending you soon.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It's about time you're back on DK. I keep recommending to the newbe's here to check out your videos when they have questions and recommend they go to you for getting barrels set for those that can't do it themselves.

I'm impressed by your machine work by watching you're video's, you are a craftsman indeed. I cut my teeth watching my Grandpa work when I was growing up,,,eons ago of course! He was a master machinist and did aero space work for many years in the early days of the space race. Just by watching your vids I can see you have the same touch and do quality work and people here that have had you do stuff for them have nothing but good to say about you. So my impressions must be correct.

It's just suck ass there is no reasonably priced kits , tight availability , and not so good quality on them now. This import ban shit scares me, my C&R might end up worthless. Oh well, I'll just keep restoring older stuff that's coming out of the closets for now till things loosen up some. I got to keep sharp and that's about the only recourse right now unless you want to spend big bucks for a kit.

Welcome back.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I talked to mtdew on the phone the other day and it reminded me to post on here.
    Oh sure, you have to be reminded to let us know LOL

Seems like a decent deal considering the work being put into them.
    I'll have to check on the kit I got to see if it's matching # or not, if it is I'll place an order for one with custom #s
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    It's about time you're back on DK. I keep recommending to the newbe's here to check out your videos when they have questions and recommend they go to you for getting barrels set for those that can't do it themselves.

I'm impressed by your machine work by watching you're video's, you are a craftsman indeed. I cut my teeth watching my Grandpa work when I was growing up,,,eons ago of course! He was a master machinist and did aero space work for many years in the early days of the space race. Just by watching your vids I can see you have the same touch and do quality work and people here that have had you do stuff for them have nothing but good to say about you. So my impressions must be correct.

It's just suck ass there is no reasonably priced kits , tight availability , and not so good quality on them now. This import ban shit scares me, my C&R might end up worthless. Oh well, I'll just keep restoring older stuff that's coming out of the closets for now till things loosen up some. I got to keep sharp and that's about the only recourse right now unless you want to spend big bucks for a kit.

Welcome back.
    Thanks man, that is a great compliment, I do the best I can.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Oh sure, you have to be reminded to let us know LOL

Seems like a decent deal considering the work being put into them.
    I'll have to check on the kit I got to see if it's matching # or not, if it is I'll place an order for one with custom #s
    Hey Coils, how's it going?

Maybe you took that the wrong way, I like Gunco a lot, it was the first gun forum I ever joined. Him calling just made me think "I haven't posted there in a while".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.