Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Damaged Golani

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Damaged Golani

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Interesting. I just traded my Golani for a AKS74U kit, but I never had any problems with it. Definitely looks like an out of battery discharge to me.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

lets see the factors at play here

#1 century arms

#2 inexperienced owners

#3 unknown ammo in a plastic bag

hell it could be anything-- main suspects are bad head-space, out of battery fire, overcharged, over pressure, out of spec--or just plain wrong ammo. stuck firing pin.

or a combination of any of the above-- i think it is the combo of two or more that did this.

lets say an overpressure round tried to miss-feed while going up the ramp--setting the bullet back , the firing pin being stuck ignited the load before the bolt was fully closed --blowing out the mag , excessive head-space may have also contributed to the blast --

with century arms i never tell a newbie to buy anything century.

a century can be OK, provided your an experienced trooper and not a greenie boot.

i bought some cheap century AKMs years ago-- first thing i did was take the thing apart, measure the head-space . double check everything --before the FIRST shot. i would advise anyone to do the same on ANY arm from century.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I saw 5 pages of idiots talking about crap they have no clue about an in the end we still dont klnow if the gun has a round in the chamber or a blown case or what.

the carrier is off the rails . looks to me like it likely went back an then jmaed up going forward . since there is not case to look at or under side pictures we have no clue .

Its pretty hard to get a a out of battery fire on a AK variant . hammer cant hit he firng pin untill the round is chambered an the carrer is all the way forward . the bolt locks in before the carrer gets forward . the ammo could be reloads or not who knows . it looks like it is milsurpluss if that is so what is the chamber 223 or 5.56 there is a differace an . is this even the roight ammo of the gun ?

the owner has no clue as tio what they did aor did not do.

MY PERSONAL GUESS IS ITS A CASE SEPERATION DUE A HEAD SPACE ISSUE . THE RECVIERS ARE KNOWN TO HAVE ISSUES WITH NOT BEING TEMPERED PROPERLY AN HAVING THE LUGS SET BACK . EVEN IF THIS IS NOT THE CASE IT SIMPLY COULD HAVE BEEN A BAD ROUND THAT WAS WEAK OR DEFECTIVE OR IMPROPERLY LOADED .

WHAT IS INTERESTING IS IT WAS THE FIRST ROUND AFTER THE GUN WAS UINUSED FOR A EXTENDED PERIOD . I DONT KNOW IF ITS A CHROME BORE OR NOT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEM RUSTED UP SOLID AN SIMPLY WAS ACTING LIKE A OBSTRUCTED BORE IT MIGH HAVE HAD MUDD DABBERS MAKING A NEST IN IT OR RAT CRAP WHO KNOWS .

I DOUBT ITS LOADED THE MAG BlEW OUT IN THE BOTTOM SO ITS DOUBTFUL THERE WERE ANY ROUNDS TO BE PICKED UP BY A RETURNING BOLT IF TI EVEN WENT BACK AT ALL. ONE WOULD THINK THE COVER WOULD HAVE BEEN TWEAKED THE MAG WELL AREA IS PRETTY OPEN WITH THE EJECTION PORT AN ALL.

i WOULD NOT RULE OUT A STUCK FIRING PIN RUSTED FROM SITTING ALSO . BEING IT WAS THE FIRST SHOT AN ALL . hmmmmmmmmmmmm

ONE THING FOR SURE IS 90% OF THE GUYS ON THAT BOARD HAVE NO CLUE .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

THE MORE I THINK ABIOUT THIS THE NMORE I THING A STUCK FIRING PIN MIGHE BE A VERY POSSABLE CAUSE . THE FIRST SHOT AN IT SITTING HAVE ME REALLY THINKING .

RUSTED PIN OR GUMMY COSMOLINE OR OIL OR CRAP FROM CLEANING IT . I HAVE SEEN FROZEN PINS ON RUSTY KITS BEFORE SO YET IT COULD BE A OUT OF BATTERY KABOOM . SOIRT OF MAKE ME WANT TO CHECK MY FIRING PINS NOW LOL

WE WILL NEVER KNOW .

Feedback Score

Century built Golani rifles (Galil clones) with the original non spring loaded firing pin. After customers reported slam fires and possible out of battery detonations using US ammunition, Century ordered a recall. The repairs consisted of installation of a bolt with a Spring loaded pin.
    The low feed ramp problem is the cause for failure to chamber a round reliably on many early builds using a ORF receivers.
    Century Galoni = How not to bring a rifle to market !

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That was one thing that made me pause too 1biggun,,,they don't even know if there's a live round in there or not,,YIKES,,,Pretty Scarey!!!! It seems like everyone and there brother have handled or looked over that gun by the sounds of the post. Checking it with a rod would have been my first step. But what to Hell do we know? Sounds like a bunch of amateurs to me.

What is the proper ammo for them I've never had one of those and I don't know specs on them myself,,are they 5.56 Nato or 223 ??? I have no clue, but if I did have one,, I'd think that would be my first question. When I first got my AR platforms,, that was my first question about the caliber differences/ammo requirements for them, both mine can use either. That was one of the particular things I looked at so I didn't run into issues. I don't think many people know that there is a difference.

Almost as bad as a guy I saw at the range one day that was trying to stuff 6.5 Mauser into a 6.5 Jap,,,dumb ass's!!!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the 5.56 nato had a little more space in the head space and a longer throat.

AK mastertech is on the ball here. it is the "comedy club CAI " assembly of the firearm was off. -- the lack of heat treating probably stuck the firing pin and caused a slam fire as the round was running up the poorly made ramp.

i bet $$$ it is one that missed the recall somehow--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'd do some checking on that one with a smith and hang on to it for evidence if need be. If it's there fault somehow,, I'd be willing to bet he'll never have to buy a firearm again,,,free stuff for life. No doubt!!! Hell of a hard way to learn a safety lesson though,,,,

You know other than twice for minor stuff like a canted sight and a miss drilled receiver on a 6.5 Swed Mauser sporter, I've never had any real issues at all with Century stuff. Shit only 2 times in 40-45 years ain't a bad record if you ask me. I'm sure I've bought well over a thousand different guns from them in all those years too, and that's probably being conservative. I guess I have also had a couple that didn't run to well, but sent them back in and within <2 weeks they were back here working and checking just out fine. Very minor issues for me with them. I know others have had some issues but not me. Usually I get things like C&R stuff mostly and trade in PD guns out of there "limited quantity" sections and only EX condition stuff out of the C&R section. Samco had some real nice stuff for a while too, but there scratching now it seems. I guess most all of them are now. Century is usually the main supplier for many of the other distributors like Center Fire, Aim, and several others, so I just cut out the middle man and buy from Century most of the time. Well that and there only about 50 miles away so I have everything pretty much the next day with reasonable shipping costs. Had 4 Rifles shipped,,,, for 24 bucks and had them the day after the order shipped,,got to love that!!!

The last ones I got from there were; a Baretta 84 380, S&W 6906 and extra mags/mag pouches, a CZ83 380 ,3 Mossin's and a P-1 Walther,,,every one was just as described + a bit better. The 6906 and the P-1 and the M-44 were all like new, and I'm sure that the P-1 and 44 had never been shot. I've had really good luck there myself, I don't know where the bad reputation comes from?

Before I fire anything, even a new current production gun,, I still do a head space and general once over and super cleaning before shooting them anyways. Just a habit I got into years ago and just something I always do. Hell the guys at all the local shops and fun shows know that when Les shows up with his box of head space and feeler gauges,,,,,,HE'S SHOPPING!!!! Don't bother him! I drove them crazy on the last AR though, must have checked out 10 before picking,,, just,,, the one I wanted,,,shoots great too,,,,,,,

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the problems with century ain't the stuff they import --it the stuff they make--LOL

i've got a few of their AKs they have all run with no issues.

i have seen some of their CETMEs ,FALs, and so on with some very strange smith work , some seemed to work OK and other had rather odd problems.

sometime jamming issues, several HK clones that shot everywhere except to the target--wild variations on the POI--

buying a imported mauser from CIA is one thing buying a firearm that they built/assembled is where those dice rolling.

i've had pretty good experience with CAI myself. i'm just careful about what i buy and inspect anything from there carefully.

some of those $230 AKs i bought from them looked to have been made from new rommie "G"s --

i figure those CAI ar-15s are probably good guns as all they do is assemble them from parts and any problem can be quickly cured.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.