Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What kind of phone do you use?

Feedback Score

Default What kind of phone do you use?

I never really got into this smartphone business until my girlfriend pressured me into getting a new phone. I picked up a new blackberry Q10 and love it! I am now a total slave to this device. If you're a former blackberry user I'd strongly suggest checking out the new bb10 phones

Anyways I came to the realization of just how many people have iphones these days and you have to wonder how many have them because that particular device fits their needs best and how many are just isheep. I always thought the iphones were like glocks cuz their the big name so everyone has to have one. Not downtalking either product. But with products that can do more and are more customizable like the HTC one or the Samsung galaxy s4 I can't help but ask why?

So what kind of phone do you use and why?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

HUAWEI generation 0ne smart phone 3G
    Last edited by railbuggy; 08-31-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Casio commando, water proof, shock resistant etc etc etc. can go swimming with it. That said it was slow in processing. Wanted the S4 active but only at&t has it and they are moving slowly on throwing a cell tower in my area. Went with S4 with UAG protector. Lightning fast. Poor reception compared to the Commando and gzone flip before it. Had to buy the $250 "network extender" for the house and shop.

Feedback Score

MidLand CB, VietNam era WalkieTalkies and smoke signals.
    When the SHTF your techie stuff will be worthless. Satellite based comms will be shut down with the flip of a switch.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Ta-312..
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score

Samsung Rugby. Been having this one for a few years now. Toughest phone I've ever had. I drowned 3 or 4 phones before this one. It has been wet a few times, thrown down the street a couple of times, dropped on the concrete numerous times and doesn't have a scratch on it. Works fine. It will also catch a signal out in the boondocks when them "smartphones" are dead as a doornail too.

I just use it for a phone and a watch though so I have no interested in the newer phones. I could throw this one away tomorrow and be perfectly happy.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I just got a "smart" phone in mid May, it's an LG running one of the Android op systems. To me it's too bulky and I just use it mainly as a phone and some texting, only went online with it a couple times so far, I'm going back to a flip phone since that's all I really need.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Samsung Galaxy SIII. It outperforms the iPhone and I sinc it with my computer, my tablet and my home entertainment system. Samsung has been doing a lot of innovative things with their recent line of electronics. My wife hs the iPhone 5 and has had iPhones since they first came out but has informed me she will go with the Galaxy SIV because she uses my phone more than I do.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

For me, I use the Nexus 4 and have the phone unlocked, rooted, running a custom rom and some other tweaks. I wanted a phone that has decent enough specs, but could also be tweaked/developed on/for easily. If interested in making rom changes, etc - - I would recommend checking out xda developers.

I just got my wife an LG Optimus F3. She went from a flip phone to that so is happy with it (so far ).
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Cool

I have a US phone (samsung) that I never use. I think my Chinese mother in law uses it back it Texas.

I have a Chinese phone (samsung also) as a back up. It's in a drawer.

I have an I phone in China I use daily. The phone companies punk you guys in the US. You need to sign up with a carrier (Team Mobile, this one or that one) and sign a 2 year plan or pay thru the butt hole! The phone is locked to that carrier.

In China you just have a sim card. You just put money on the account. If you don't like the carrier, just change the sim card. But in the US if ain't Obama and congress or the NSA screwing us , it's the phone companies! First you live, and then you die, but first you must suffer! Apparently Phone companys think we have not suffered enough!

It's gotten way too complex. I liked the party lines, with the phones on wall you has to crank up like a model T. Now that was a phone! You could have a 1911 stored on top of it in case you didn't like the call. Try that with a freaking I phone. How is that for an App?

Anyone remember party lines? Each house had its own ring..like morse code. Long ring, short ring followed by long ring or other variations etc. . I can remember Grannie saying, that is my ring and racing to the phone!

Ahh, the world has moved on and left me behind. I'm still clinging to my guns and Bible.

But what you young whipper snappers need to pay attention to is the guns part of that statement.

Never screw with an old guy. He is too old and sick to fight. He will just shoot you!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.