Thread: Ohio man who held 3 women captive

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Default Ohio man who held 3 women captive

Ohio man who held 3 women captive found hanged
    ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS, AP
    21 minutes ago

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The man serving a life prison term for kidnapping three women and repeatedly raping them in his home for nearly a decade has been found dead and is believed to have committed suicide, a prison official said.

Ariel Castro, 53, was found hanging in his cell around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, located south of Columbus in central Ohio, JoEllen Smith, Department of Rehabilitation and Correction spokeswoman, said early Wednesday.

Prison medical staff performed CPR before Castro was transported to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead around 10:50 p.m.

(skipping over a bunch of BS)

Castro was in protective custody because of the notoriety of his case, meaning he was checked every 30 minutes, but was not on suicide watch, Smith said. She said suicide watch entails constant observation.

Castro was also watched closely in the Cuyahoga County Jail in the several weeks after his arrest and before his case was resolved by a guilty plea, with logs noting his activity every 10 minutes. He was taken off county jail suicide watch in early June after authorities determined he was not a suicide risk.

This is the second high-profile suicide in an Ohio prison in a month.

On Aug. 4, death row inmate Billy Slagle was found hanged in his cell just days before his scheduled execution. He was condemned to death for fatally stabbing a neighbor.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

OPPPPPS

Feedback Score

"He was taken off county jail suicide watch in early June after authorities determined he was not a suicide risk."
    Just goes to show you how brite them authorities are,
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

they probably took him off the watch list because of the expense of overtime for the guards.

were lucky they didn't just release him on the streets and not tell anybody.

thats how they do it here--

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I wonder if they left a coil of rope in his cell by accident?
    Good riddance.
    TO

"Shakin' it over here, boss"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frige View Post
    I wonder if they left a coil of rope in his cell by accident?
    Good riddance.
    TO
    Hell yeah, thats what I'd do. At the VERY least.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

This creatures crimes were terrible, and it would have been just that he rotted in prison and it looks like he cheated that sentence, but at least we do not have to pay for his upkeep.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I think we all need to be grateful he did, 80K a year is average cost to house a prisoner now days so he just saved us millions,,,,good riddance I say,,may he rot in hell!
    the scumbag,,,,

I still think lynching should be brought back for people like him, but done in the town square and shown to prisoners in jail so they'll be a open display of punishment for all to see. This just might make some people think twice before committing such crimes, or may help keep people from reoffending. This slap on the wrist and send them back out on the streets must stop. Yet still people are in jail for 15 years for weed,,,while violent criminals are loose in a few months ,,,and many like that have only learned a new skill set while there, and not learned a lesson at all from a sentence with no teeth.

There's just something wrong with this justice system, that's all I can say, I'm really discussed by whats gone on lately. This country is going to hell in a hand basket !!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.