Thread: Remote Control Sturmgewehr 44 In Syria

jrs
    Feedback Score

Default Remote Control Sturmgewehr 44 In Syria

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...wehr-44-syria/

Of all the things I never thought I would write in the same sentence, “Remote Control” and “Sturmgewehr 44″ must be at the top of the list. The above photo shows a Syrian rebel controlling a Sturmgewehr 44 with a wired joystick. A cheap CMOS video camera with a Component video output is mounted behind the scope (at the correct distance to account for eye relief) and is wired into a LCD screen.
    Excluding the batteries and motors, the electronics could be purchased for less than $200 on ebay. They are the same type of components used by amateur drone hobbyists to remotely fly aircraft at extreme distances, although they use wireless transmitters and receivers rather than wired connections. In this application wired communications probably give the operator longer range through thick concrete walls than a cheap 2.4ghz/5.8ghz video system would (and it cannot be jammed, or worse, hacked into).
    Last year Syrian rebels claimed to have captured a weapons cache containing 5,000 Sturmgewehr 44 rifles.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

That is cool. Sit back in a safe location and still be able to shoot your oponent. Lazy man's sniper hide. LOL.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

gun looks new

what scope is that?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

5,000 STG44s? All those poor wee Bairns, and we can't adopt a single one!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

these stg 44 's are supposedly old military aid sent from east german, another source says yugoslavia, since the east germans were very active in syria I would gamble these are east german (old barricks police) stg 44's, I bet privi partisan is making a fortune on ammo sales to feed them
    I posted a video of the rebel liberating this cache of rifle last year still in the crate

can you imagine finding a crate of like new stg44!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Remote Control Gun Turret. Search for that on the Interweb. You'll find plenty of examples. In fact I'm sure we've discussed this in posts years ago.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.