Been waiting a while for the stock, finally arrived. Overall the stock is robust and has no drawbacks I can determine. Installation was a breeze, and the hardest part was "convincing" the thread lock on the tube to unscrew. I had to secure the receiver in a vise with wood blocks to gain enough leverage to do so. Surprisingly, the stock comes with a plethora of sling attachments that you can customize to your needs, along with a quick release sling loop.
Showing off with my SPAS-12. Mine is the "home defense" model with a few extras compared to other 930 models... extra large charging handle, ghost/bead sights, extended mag tube. Now with the stock I get:
- Shorter length of pull, measuring about 9-10", which is perfect for use with cold weather clothing or body armor.
- Adjustable cheek riser, with "full" stock coverage (try to get good cheek weld with that SPAS folder!)
- Sling options! Surprised at how many... rear sling loop (both sides), trigger guard sling, trigger guard hook, trigger guard flush (no sling point), and the quick release for the bottom rear or the front handguard.
I must say that having only mounted the stock and not actually shot it yet, I am impressed. Seems like there are a few things that aren't perfect, but not deal breakers:
- crescent cut-out in shell lifter, which can pinch your finger if you aren't careful.
- shorter barrel = shorter mag extension, = 1 less round vs. the SPAS
- fixed stock only due to recoil spring configuration in stock (like an AR or FAL)
- lack of mounting options. Those rails are a custom installation I installed on the hand guard for the light.
Again, no deal breakers in that list. I am interested in getting this to the range now and giving this stock a bit of range time!
More pics here: