Thread: Hello and some questions!

Feedback Score

Default Hello and some questions!

Hello people, how are you?

I haven't write here for a while.
    I would like to ask you about the fitting sizes on the AK series.
    I started building my own Ak from cero. I am at the building of the barrel. I have it drilled and heat treated. I need first to straighten it a little bit more, that's a problem that comes from the heat treating.
    Besides it I am making the drill bits to go from the 4.85 mm of the current drill to the 5.56 mm (I bought a reamer of 7/32") to make the final pass (trough 5.5 to 5.56). Then the riffling.
    I am just intending to have a functional weapon, I am not pretending at this stage to hard crome the barrel, or other stuff that is very complicated to my present knowledge.

I have photos but you will not be able to see the hole, just the external shape.

I have found the blueprint in cad format and they are very accurate, but there is no tolerances (bolt, trunnion, bolt carrier, trigger mechanism) That's way I am looking for them.

So far it took me 3 barrels to reach the one I am working now. and one year. I made it form a bar of AISI 4140 steel. Quench at air-oil (after 3 minutes on air). Then temper to a hardness of 35 hrc.

The next thing if I am successful with the barrel is to follow with the bolt.

If someone could helpme I will appreciate it.

Thanks,

Damián

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Damian, are you the guy from Brazil, or somewhere like that?

I'm not sure that there is anywhere that has the dimensions that you're looking for, that is IF I understand your question properly. You are looking for the actual dimensions of each of the listed parts, not the "tolerances" as you requested. The tolerances will be the amount above and below the factory dimension. Example: if a part is 5.5 mm, the tolerance may be + or - 0.1 mm. I "think" you're looking for the actual factory dimensions on those parts. A complete blueprint. I don't know of any off the top of my head.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Now that's REALLY building a rifle! Damin, I wish you good luck on your endevour. Building a firearm from scratch is shurly not an easy task. I wish there was a legal way for me to send factory made parts to you, as I have several spares.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Hello, how are you?

I am from argentina. And the problem is that I can't buy an AK here because are to expensive, but I prefer the learning of the process. I am sure I am not going to have it at factory standard, don't even close. but if I am able to make it work It will be better than buying an ak.

With respect to the tolerances, I will be pleased just having for example the difference in sizes from the lugs of the bolt and the guides in the trunnion in which the bolt moves and then lock after rotating.

I have found very good information of the sizes of the gas piston and other parts, but nothing from the bolt. I also found the H17 tolerances for the tube piston with respect to the gas piston.

tomorrow I will build the drill bits (HSS steel) to have the hole of the barrel to size. I will use a universal grinder machine. It gives you a tolerance of 0,0003 inches.

Thanks for the good wishing!

Damián

Feedback Score

And you are right, there is no complete blueprint or factory blueprint out there. I even look for it in the Russian language but no success. But I have the cad blueprints that a Russian make from parts measured by him.
    here is the page:
    http://grabcad.com/library?per_page=20&query=ak
    here you can download the archives. It's the link of a search with AK key word.

Feedback Score

Efimchenko Pavel
    is the name of the Russian guy that make the most accurate of the models.

the link to his work:
    http://grabcad.com/library?per_page=...imchenko+Pavel

So now the problem for me is to give a bar of AISI 8620 steel to that shape in my milling machine. But that will be next year, depending when I finish the barrel.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.