Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ATF Chief Stepping Down in Wake of AR-15 Bullet Ban Backlash

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default ATF Chief Stepping Down in Wake of AR-15 Bullet Ban Backlash

ATF Chief Stepping Down in Wake of AR-15 Bullet Ban Backlash

ATF director B. Todd Jones is stepping down amid the backlash surrounding the agency’s proposed AR-15 bullet ban.

Jones’ resignation will be effective at the end of March.

According to The Hill, Jones used the announcement of his resignation to push back against critics of the ATF who have came out in droves against the agency’s unsuccessful attempt to ban the M855 round:

ATF employees are hard-working, dedicated individuals who serve the public to make our national safer every day. I have seen firsthand their extraordinary commitment to combating violent crime, ridding the streets of criminals, and leveraging all available resources to keep our communities safe. I will truly miss leading and working side-by-side with these men and women in their pursuit of ATF’s unique law enforcement and regulatory mission.

On February 15 Breitbart News reported the ATF was proposing a ban of popular M855 rounds for AR-15 rifles. Two weeks later, Breitbart pointed to a New York Times‘ article showing the ban had been in the works for years. Then, on March 5, Breitbart reported that although the ATF claimed the ban would keep police officers safe, police organizations–like the Fraternal Order of Police–said the ban was not necessary.

Continued: ATF Chief Stepping Down in Wake of AR-15 Bullet Ban Backlash - Breitbart
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

BREAKING: B. Todd Jones Resigns as ATF Director

News is coming in that B. Todd Jones is stepping down from his position as the Director of the ATF. Jones has been in the job since 2011 when he took over in the aftermath of the Fast and Furious debacle. Among his shining achievements was an attempt to give local sherriffs the ability to ban legal (if NFA regulated) firearms in their jurisdictions, as well as proposing a ban on some of the most popular ammunition in the United States. Rumor has it . . .

that he’s headed to a top spot at the National Football League. It’s too early to tell if the old maxim that the devil you know is better than the one you don’t applies here, but you can bet your bottom samolian that whomever the Obamanauts nominate as a replacement will be no more firearms friendly than was B. Todd. The only potential saving grace is that the Senate, which will confirm any new ATF top dawg, is now in Republican hands. If that means anything.

BREAKING: B. Todd Jones Resigns as ATF Director - The Truth About Guns

Black Blade: Finally got ri of the Communist bastard. So he's going to the "pussified" NFL eh? I stopped watching NFL years ago when they wussed out and made rules changes. Not the game of oldtime real football - now a game for overpaid pussies. So he should be a good fit in the NFL.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Another Domestic Enemy down. Can we start trying them for their treason???

Feedback Score

Barky most likely had him resign because he backed down . They will just appoint a rabid anti-2nd amendment person and proceed with the plan.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

defund the whole bureau we don t need them anyhow
    Akfite likes this.
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTexasGuy View Post
    Barky most likely had him resign because he backed down . They will just appoint a rabid anti-2nd amendment person and proceed with the plan.
    This is almost certainly the case... I would bet a case of beer on it! Basically the guy didn't do "his job" and that's how that discussion certainly went down. Good riddance... now of course we're going to have some Teutonic Jackbooted Thug fill that position... possible it could get worse.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I third pookie's second except it's not a "possible", it's a guarantee.
    This regime gets things done no matter what the law or the Constitution or the will of the people say.

I'm trying to remember that thing BB always says......
    Oh yea, cheap and deep.
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    They would have a long time ago, when our government became self serving and lied so openly that the taste of disgust can't be cleared with bleach.
    WTF happened to our country?
    member # 575

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    This is almost certainly the case... I would bet a case of beer on it! Basically the guy didn't do "his job" and that's how that discussion certainly went down. Good riddance... now of course we're going to have some Teutonic Jackbooted Thug fill that position... possible it could get worse.
    Yep hcpookie, I agree and also with ashhoe. I'm buying up what ammo I can. I just bought 900 rounds of M193 (Price was OK- 33 cents per round- not great but just OK). I never liked the M855, it just punches little round holes in varmits and only micro pits a steel plate. Hell I don''t even like AR15's. I just bought one when the prices came down because if Barky hates em they can't be all bad.

I really need to grab some more crates of 7.62 x 39 and some more 30-06 and 7.62 x 51. It's only a matter of time before they get around to banning EVERYTHING. I'm PRE BAN BUYING while its still cheap.

Feedback Score

Wonder what kind of commissar we'll get now that will be tougher for these last two years.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Wayde View Post
    Wonder what kind of commissar we'll get now that will be tougher for these last two years.
    Al Sharpton?
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.