Thread: 10/22 mags jamming

Feedback Score

Default 10/22 mags jamming

Anyone have a problem with their 10/22 mags jamming? The rounds come lose from the carrier and jam up the rotary magazine. I have to shake them them occasionally use a pick to remove the live rounds. Can they be fixed do they need to be cleaned?

I have tried loading 9 instead of 10 rounds even as few as 5 and it still happens.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Maybe it needs cleaning or the spring tension is not right. I took some of mine apart to clean and it took a while to get the spring right.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

There's lots of u-tube stuff on how to clean them,there not that bad really,,just get the spring right and don't goop them with oil, I only lube the pin when I slide it back in,,that's it. Most people say 1 1/2 turns but I do 2 and no issues + a titch more thrust on the "rotor" when they do get dirty again, so they jam up less. I occasionally blow mine out with air from a filtered air compressor on low pressure and that keeps the dis-assembly to a minimum and keeps the worst of the crud out. I've also seen folks that just douche them out with silicone spray with the straw thinngy on it and blow it out with there compressors after. That seems to work for my carp shooting buddies that get there mags filthy,,mostly from mud. I guess it works for them??

Damn 22's always have an excess of powder residue and bullet lube blowing everywhere anyways!! A pretty dirty round overall actually. And we bitch about Tula ammo,,,,22's are worse I think,,,

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The user manual that came with mine said not to take them apart and to clean them by soaking them in solvent and blowing them out or something along those lines. Don't know why, as they aren't hard to take apart clean properly and reassemble. As others have suggested, watch a youtube video on it so you know what to expect. I recently cleaned the mags from an early 10/22. The insides were caked with bullet lube, grit and powder fouling. The rotor on one had a couple gouges in it that needed smoothed out, but they worked fine afterwords.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.