Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indy1500 gunshow worth going to today?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Indy1500 gunshow worth going to today?

Anybody been to this weekend's Indy 1500? Huge crowds and no deals like I expect, or?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I know all the shows I've been to in the last 2-3 years haven't even been worth going to be honest,,unless you want to pay list +++ for something or your selling something. So why even bother IMHO? Ya there'slots of guns there, but all priced for the dumb ass's that don't know values.

I may or may not go when they start up around here, I haven't decided yet? We only have about 3-4 total throughout the whole state and there all pretty much on the other side of the state well >2 hours away or better . Hardly worth the trip the last 2 years,,prices have been really really high lately and there defiantly haven't been much for deals going on around here!

I may go on a Mauser hunt, but otherwise if things are like they have been lately I won't be going to many, I'll see what things look like at the first show coming up in about a month. I'll probably go mostly just to visit with friends more than anything else I expect.

In the last 2 years I've only come home with 1 magazine,,and that's it ! So would it be worth the trip??? Who Knows???

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

that used to be a great show.

havent been in several years cause they just got so outrageous on the prices.

Durango usmc lives close to there... he can tell you what type of show is happening this year.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

im here to build stuff.... not cry about "how things used to be"
    YES, i work for TEC Tactical.. 07/02 SOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Went yesterday and if you put all the gun related stuff together it would have fit in one of the small rooms at the fair grounds. Way too many booths of purses, honey, kitchen cutlery, and junk. Probably at least half if not more of the tables were that junk.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah, I think I'll pass. The pics of the line at INGO also look a bit long for this weather!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Online computer sales are putting a dent in gun shows. Hell I can sit here and order online and have it delivered to my door cheaper than anything I have seen at the shows. I still support our FFLs when I go by the fun shops because without them we gots problems.
    Even Amazon is picking up more and more weapon related trinkets. Amazon is also putting a serious dent in Wally "China" World.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'll tell ya 4th, you can find some real good on-line deals from the Wally World site too. And lots of times it will beat Amazon and you don't have to worry as much about knockoffs like you do from Amazon.

I've gotten a couple knock off things off Amazon. Possibly more than I may know of? Gun related things I normally find something I can actually look at , then shop prices on line if it's something I want. I've gotten stuff from Amazons secondary sellers that have defiantly been knock offs. A Nikon and Millett scope both were, Amazon made it right but it can be hit or miss sometimes with them I believe.

It was so obvious when I saw both box's and the scopes it wasn't even funny. I've bought plenty of both before and those ,,WERE NOT the correct box's for either.The markings just weren't right on the scope,edges of the glass all blurry and the eye relief adjustment part wasn't even a Nikon design and pretty much the same telltale kinda signs with the Millett,,it was something that looked similar perhaps, but defiantly not a Millett.

It is good to check on-line prices still,,different locations are so far apart on prices it would be foolish not to check. Hell I've seen 200 buck price difference on a typical fairly expensive gun over what I can buy it locally compared to other places/distributors on line ,,counting the transfer and shipping fees on it!! That's quite a bit of savings IMO!!

I'm Not doing it so much to undercut the dealers , but when you add tax's,paying full list plus,, stuff is just to expensive to be worth it. Hell a big ticket item can add 60- 100 bucks sometimes in tax,then add paying full list price plus like everyone wants around here,,,I just can't justify it. Or should I say my budget can't,,,,,

Feedback Score

I went last weekend, I rode with a friend so I didn't have to drive or pay for gas.(I did offer $10 but he told me to keep it)
    I saw a bunch of things that I could buy cheaper online. And a lot of rummage sale & cheap junk tables.
    I picked up some Hodgdon TiteGroup reloading powder for $20 a pound, the cheapest I can find it around here is $26.
    They had a brick of CCI primers for $27 that saves me about $10 a brick from local prices.
    So the reloading stuff is about the only thing I can save on compared to local or online prices.
    I picked up a cheap 10-40x50 scope for $160 & a few other odds & ends.
    The shows are not as good as they used to be no big ammo tables where you would buy 2 or 3 cases, everyone buying only a box or two.
    What happened to the days when gun guys cut prices to get the new guns out to the hands of the buying public.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I go to the local shows since I'm a long time friend with the original sponsor and see old friends. The grey haired woman my age at least with the blueish purple streak in her hair I was at least polite enough to wait till I got around the corner before I laughed.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I took my two youngest to a local show on 12/20/15. Last show I attended was around 2011. Same old faces behind the tables. Powder and primers for me. I assembled a ar15 lower but ordered a PSA 11.5"complete upper online wednesday from SC. Hope the snow storms don't hold it up.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.