Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NORMANDY

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Default NORMANDY

Made a trip to Normandy to pay my respects and stopped by a museum, The D Day Academy, where they had hands on functional weapons from the period. Great place!
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Winn that is some great photos, put more up if yah have them please. Look at the under folder? could pass for Romanian, Russian or Chinese? Guess maybe they all copied it?
    Were you there for the D-Day commemorative ceremonies? Did you see "Pee Wee" parachute in? Whole Hollywood cast of "Band of Brothers" was there to honor Pee Wee.

D-Day Vet Repeats His Parachute Jump Into Normandy At Age 93

"Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Tim -- It was impressive. The cliff the Rangers climbed would scare me to death even if no one was shooting at me!

Here's a MG42. I've got a real slow connection so more pics will be coming.

There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Band of Brothers meet a Soldier from the real Band of Brothers.

"Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Winn - looks like you had a good trip. Did you visit any other places in France or Europe? General Patton's grave is in Luxembourg.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    Winn - looks like you had a good trip. Did you visit any other places in France or Europe? General Patton's grave is in Luxembourg.
    sniper I think he might still be over there? He said he had a slow connection on his whatever. He is the richest guy on this forum next to Bluejack. Only way for a slow connection for him would be on the road.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Understandable. Just figured I would ask.
    Winn,
    If you want, I can offer up some good places to visit in Europe.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question

Winn where the hell yah go? Damn I think he fell off the cliff. sniper you know anyone in Normandy? Think Normandy is in France, anyone speak French, what the hell is their area code?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Awesome pics Winn. Wonderful to be able to pay tribute in the actual spot with some of the actual heros of the The Longest Day. Been to Holland and Belgium when I was young. Too young to appreciate it. I wish I could go to those same places, and more, now that I appreciate it.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Winn where the hell yah go? Damn I think he fell off the cliff. sniper you know anyone in Normandy? Think Normandy is in France, anyone speak French, what the hell is their area code?
    4th - I know some people in France, but they don't live in Normandy. As for calling, the country code for France is 33 and I think the area code is 235. So you would dial 011 then 33 then 235 then the phone number.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.