Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey 4th, I did not know folks could drive Daytona track???

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Default Hey 4th, I did not know folks could drive Daytona track???

My sister in law who solicits time shares on the beach for the last 30 years , sent me a pic of her jet pilot / marine bo. Since when can you do that?

yfriend driving his old boss Mustang on the track recently
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

That's my brrother in law. I don't know why my words got all missplaced. Heh...Heh
    I guess they have days at the speedway you can pay some big bucks to run your hot rod around the track?

his boss Mustang is original & pretty minty as you can see.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Brad

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...The-Track.aspx

Drive your car on the one the most famous race tracks in the world! For two days, legendary Daytona International Speedway will be ours. (April 11-12) We will have the FULL Rolex 24 hour road course (3.56 miles), and all cars are welcome! THIS IS A CHARITY EVENT and all payments and proceeds are going DIRECTLY to the charity not Flat Out Motorsports. We are simply sponsoring the track portion of this great event.
    http://www.viperalley.com/forum/trac...e-daytona.html

I would guess this is what it is? Me and my Bro slammed down some suds at the track and rode the trolley tour car around the track, that was fast enough for me.. Goes about 10 m.p.h.
    Banks in the corners are so steep, trolly driver told us if your not doing 55 m.p.h. your car will slide sideways. I don't know, he looked drunk to..
    When I was going too the Daytona V.A.. I would kill time watching the big boys practice.. You can walk right in. Daytona A.O. over there is loaded with tech shops that build those machines. They take them too the track and test. No paint so no idea who is driving.
    If you come down. One old guy guarding the entrance.. We could blow by him and run the track if you want?
    Probably spend the night in the hooos gow. But hey, you can tell your friends you ran the track.. We will bring some Hooter girls with us. Their right across the street..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

THIS WON A FEW RACES THERE.

IT WENT A LITTLE FASTER THAN 55 MPH HOWEVER. LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey 4th, I did not know folks could drive Daytona track???-get-attachment-6-.jpg  

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

No way.. I peeked in once to watch those guys on the bikes at Daytona go around the track. Nuts, friggen nuts..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Oh yeah! Some of those bikes sound like screaming banshees clear over at the flea market !

We used to go watch the cars practice for free when there was just a ticket office there by turn 4 & the doggie track at the other end of the parking lot.
    I've heard it's changed quite a bit now.

Daytona is the only town I've ever been to where the 7 - 11's sell draft beer at the big gulp fountain! SWEET!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

No Brad.. Still wide open to walk in when they are practicing. Sit anywhere yah want. Nobody bothers yah.. Hell if you want to loose a few fingers, you can stand against the fence and touch the cars going 200 m.p.h...
    Can't do that during the race, they make you stay away from the fence..
    No beer at the 7/11 fountains. But beer at the track year round.. Think like $87 for a small cup. But. You get the NASCAR logo on it..
    Dog race track is gone.. Bill France family rents the land for I think? $10 grand a year from the city.. City said they were going to raise the rent.. No problem, goodbye.. Well not so fast, you bring in a $100 million a year with all your events, we really did not mean it..
    For real. Just an older rent a cop at the tunnel.. Drive by him, your on the track.. We can put it on You Tube.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

But....But...At least you can still drink & drive in florida right?
    When we moved down in 86, open beers were fine. Just no drunk driving.
    How can you cruise around Florida without a beer between your legs?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

On the river yes open containers are o.k. Driver has to be, no questions asked, stone sober. Their pretty good about it. Hell everyone in the boat can be blowing lunch. Just make sure the driver is sober. Hell fair enough.. In your auto uh nope, like $500 each..
    Hey you see the new kid moving up in the racing world. Has a soda machine hooked up to him monitoring his blood sugar level. He is diabetic. Kid is good, I guess?
    Automatically adjusts his blood sugar level..
    Not like the old days on the beach.. Old greasy T shirt and your kids football helmet.. Matt it..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

No way.. I peeked in once to watch those guys on the bikes at Daytona go around the track. Nuts, friggen nuts..
    UNFORTUNATELY NOT WITH ME ON IT .

i DID RACE A FEW SPORT BIKE CLASSES BACK IN THE DAY THAT WERE FASTER THAN THAT BIKE . YOU WOULD HIT ABOUT 180 AT ROAD AMERICA . IT SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME i FINALY TOLD MY BUDDIES i HAD ENOUGH . PLAYED WITH THE MOTARD BIKES AN THEN ICE RACED ATVS .

I TUNRED 50 TODAY SO TIME TO HANG UP MY HELMET ASIDE FROM MAYBE STREET DRAG CAR OR SOMEHTING. IN DONE RACING INSURACNE AN CRAP IS TO MUCH . I CANT AFFORD TO BE HURT . I RACED , STOCK CARS, BOATS, ATVS, HONDA ODDISYS , BNX , ENDURO MOTOR CYCLE , DRAG CARS, DRAG BIKES , MODDIFEDS ICE RACED ATVS , WORKED ON SPRINT CARS FOR 10 YEARS . ID LOVE TO HAVE BACK 5% OF THE MONEY I WASTED LOL .

THAT PERTICULAR BIKE WON ITS CLASS (TWIN SPORT ) IN 96 AN POSSIBLY 95 IM STILL DOCUMENTING IT . THE RIDER ( SCOTT ZAMPACH) WON IN LIKE 93, 94, 95, 96 AT DAYTONA OR SOME THING LIKE THAT . HE HAD A BAD WRECK AN ALMOST DIED AN HAD TO QUIT RACING HE WAS ONE OF HE TOP PRIVATIRES IN THE COUNTRY AN RODE SOME FACTORY STUFF IM TOLD. THE BIKE OWNER WENT ON TO RUN THE TEAM DUCATI SUPER BIKE TEAM AS WELL A THE KTM RED BULL SUPER MOTARD TEAM .
    i FOUND THE BIKE IN THE SHOPER STOPPER ON THANKS GIVING DAY ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO AN GOT IT REALLY CHEAP BY ABOUT 30 SECONDS BEFORE ANOTHER GUY SHOWED UP. IT CAME FORM A HARLEY DEALER THAT SOLD OUT . ITS IN RACE CONDITION ASIDE FROM LIGHTS I ADDED TO MAKE THE COPS THINK IT STREET LEGAL

THE BIKE IS ON CRAIGS LIST RIGHT NOW AS i NEED TO SELL IT TO PAY BILLS .

ITS WAS ONE BAD HARLEY IN THE DAY . WON AT LEAST WON CHAMPOION SHIPS AN A LOT OF MAIN EVENTS AROUND THE COUNTRY . IT NEED TO GO TO THE RIGTH GUY WHO WILL KEEP IT AS IS A PIECE OF HARLEY RACING HISTORY . A FEW YEARS BACK TE HARLEY MUSEUM ASKED ABOUT IT BUT WERE DICKS SO i SAID NO .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.