Thread: Williams Mystery Mount (Need Help ID'ing - Lots Of Pics)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Williams Mystery Mount (Need Help ID'ing - Lots Of Pics)

I was looking (clueless) for some kind of mount for an FN49 a long time ago and a member on The FAL Files steered me to this on GB. Of course it is not for an FN49. Does anyone have an idea of what this is for and what it may be worth. Just taking up space and I suppose it could be just the thing someone is looking for.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I may be mistaken but it looks quite similar to a 30-30 mount I used to have on a old Winchester. Value,,,,???? What someone that needs one will pay I guess, I'm not a good judge on used prices. It also appears to have an additional bracket(the lower portion) , mine only had the upper part for the 30-30.

I do remember those from "back in the day" and if I'm correct they had several different lower sections to adapt to several different guns. I've had that same mount on Enfields, Mausers, Marlins lever guns(before they were tapped) and Winchester lever guns. I think I still have one kicking around too if I'm not mistaken.

They were a pretty good mount though. Lots of those old mounts were very high quality and STILL work very well,,and much better than the cheap China chit that's out there nowadays.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I contacted Williams and spoke to what sounded like an old timer. Sending him pics to evaluate. Should know soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.