Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feds Say Possession of “Large Amounts” of Weapons May Indicate Terrorist Activity

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Feds Say Possession of “Large Amounts” of Weapons May Indicate Terrorist Activity

Feds Say Possession of “Large Amounts” of Weapons May Indicate Terrorist Activity

October 16, 2013 in Featured

An example photo of a “weapons cache” included in a Department of Homeland Security and FBI bulletin to law enforcement. Photo via Maine State Police.

Public Intelligence

A joint bulletin issued in early August by the Department of Homeland Security and FBI warns state and local law enforcement agencies to look out for people in possession of “large amounts” of weapons and ammunition, describing the discovery of “unusual amounts” of weapons as a potential indicator of criminal or terrorist activity.

Citing the example of Norwegian mass-murderer Anders Behring Breivik, who reportedly “stockpiled approximately 12,000 pounds of precursors, weapons, and armor and hid them underground in remote, wooded locations,” the bulletin instructs law enforcement to look for “large amounts of weapons, ammunition, explosives, accelerants, or explosive precursor chemicals” that “could indicate pre-operational terrorist attack planning or criminal activity.” Weapons do not have to be “cached” in remote locations to meet the standard for suspicious activity. According to the bulletin, weapons could be stored in an “individual’s home, storage facility, or vehicle” and may include common firearms such as “rifles, shotguns, pistols” as well as “military grade weapons.” The illegal possession of large amounts of ammunition is also listed as a potential indicator of “criminal weapons possession related to terrorism.” While the bulletin never clarifies what constitutes a “large” or “unusual” quantity of weapons or ammunition, it does say that such a quantity would “arouse suspicion in a reasonable person.”

The joint DHS-FBI Roll Call Release distributed to police, first responders and private security throughout the U.S. is part of a series of bulletins describing activities “reasonably indicative of criminal activity associated with terrorism.” The suspicious activities described in the bulletins are derived from criteria in the Information Sharing Environment (ISE) Functional Standard for Suspicious Activity Reporting signed in 2009. The ISE Functional Standard governs the collection of information for the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative (NSI), an interagency program to collect suspicious activity reports from law enforcement agencies around the country. Other bulletins in the series focus on everything from surveillance and theft to photography and even “eliciting information,” an activity described as “questioning individuals at a level beyond mere curiosity.”

Like other bulletins in the DHS-FBI series on suspicious activity reporting, the document notes that “constitutional activities should not be reported” unless the circumstances “support the source agency’s suspicion that the behavior observed is not innocent, but rather reasonably indicative of criminal activity associated with terrorism, including evidence of pre-operational planning related to terrorism.” However, no guidance is provided on potential legal issues related to the reporting of constitutionally-protected activities.

http://publicintelligence.net/weapon...ery-terrorism/

Black Blade: Ummmm ......... define "large amounts". LOL!!! In my part of the country it is just being a "prudent prepper" and "go to hunting buddy". Probably depends on what state you live in.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

More "rat out your neighbor" type stuff. Some poor Liberal ambulance driver going into a home with lots of LEGAL weapons and ammo will report you and next thing you know, the police are busting in at 2 am with a "no knock" warrant!!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

They say you're a hard put and desperate man, Josey Wales. They're goin' to heel and hide you to a barn door.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

Hell, here in Wisconsin, that oh so broad and vague to be dangerous definition of large amounts, could describe a good amount of hunters that have multiple hunting rifles, shotguns, and pistols.

Someone please define large amounts of ammunition. Is that more than one box per firearm? More than one case? What? How about firearms? What is a large amount? Heck, in a multi-shooter family it isn't unreasonable to have anywhere from 4 to 10 firearms a family member depending on usage and desire to own a specific firearm.

I would guess this is just another list I would be put on...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Hmm probably just about every member here is on their list. Except me of course I dont own any guns or ammo.

"Shakin' it over here, boss"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Uh oh in looking closer I see a evil baseball cap on the table. Are those prohibited as well?

"Shakin' it over here, boss"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The illegal possession of large amounts of ammunition is also listed as a potential indicator of “criminal weapons possession related to terrorism.” While the bulletin never clarifies what constitutes a “large” or “unusual” quantity of weapons or ammunition, it does say that such a quantity would “arouse suspicion in a reasonable person.”
    what do they mean by illegal possession of large amounts of ammo ? it there a limit on ammo ? news to me.

MY 95 year old grand mother has more long guns than that , my mother has more long guns than that , hell my sister has almost that many . I had almost that many rilfes an shot giuns when I was 15 LOL .

Feedback Score

Frige, what bothers me about you is those F A S T vehicles that are only good for running away from the po-lice. Just sayin'.
    Hunter
    No reason for ANY civilian to own that type of machinery.
    Nyuk nyuk nyuk

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

I'm still studying the photo to see where this large cache o weapons is...So if I buy 50 more rounds I'm sure I hit the fed explanation of large amounts of ammo.....I'm going to buy a few more kits and flats...Count those MoFo's!
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I'm still studying the photo to see where this large cache o weapons is...
    Me too, I've seen (yeah that it, seen) a person walk out of a gun show with that much already
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.