Thread: Two dead, two critically wounded at Nevada middle school

Feedback Score

Default Two dead, two critically wounded at Nevada middle school

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...da-gunman.html

• Gunman opened fire at Sparks Middle School in Nevada Monday morning before classes started
    • Two students are in critical condition at the hospital
    • Two people killed, including gunman

Terror erupted at a Nevada middle school this morning after a young boy reportedly shot his teacher and two students before turning the gun on himself.

A young eyewitness says he watched one of his classmates pull out a gun at the school before classes started Monday morning. When a teacher saw the weapon, he ran over to stop the student.

That's when the boy opened fire, shooting the teacher.

Police in Sparks, Nevada, says the gunman shot several students at Sparks Middle School before turning the gun on himself and committing suicide.
    At least one other person is dead and two middle school boys are at Renown Regional Hospital in critical condition.

Panic: Parents waited anxiously at Sparks High Schools to pick up their children after a shooting at Sparks Middle School Monday morning

Sparks Middle School was immediately placed on lock-down. Once police were sure the threat was cleared, they evacuated the school

Emergency: Washoe Schools called a 'Code Red' and canceled classes at both middle schools in Sparks, Nevada

The shooting happened about 7.16am Monday as students were filing into Sparks Middle School, before classes had begun for the day.

The school was immediately placed on lock-down and students were evacuated hours later.
    Reno Gazette-Journal reports that the gunman killed one person and shot at least two other students before committing suicide.

Police have detained several students and members of staff for questions, though they say the shooters has been 'neutralized.'
    Police have released few details on the shooting. It is unknown who the gunman is or exactly how many people were shot.

Police surrounded the school and have detained several students and teachers for questioning

Sparks, Nevada, is just east of Reno in northwestern Nevada

Washoe County School District spokesman Charles Rahn says the middle school and the adjacent Agnes Risley Elementary School have been evacuated to Sparks High School. Rahn said the middle and elementary schools will be closed Monday.
    Sparks is a city just east of Reno.

Governor Brian Sandoval issued a statement Monday morning saying he was 'deeply saddened' by the violence at the school.

'My administration is receiving regular updates and the Nevada Highway Patrol is assisting at the scene. Kathleen and I extend our thoughts and prayers to the victims and those affected by these tragic events,' he said.

Terror: At least one boy was wounded after a shooting at Sparks Middle School just before classes began on Monday morning

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That's a shame. I hate to hear about these senseless acts of violence, especially when they involve a gun. I guess now since it was a middle school student, the gov and the anti-gunners will try to make all gun owners keep their firearms under lock and key ALL the time. They'll probably specify the exact brand/type of safe/vault that you have to buy, and if you can't aford it, oh well, the gov confiscates your guns. Sorry, I just automatically go there whnever these types of tragedies happen. Prayers to the families of the injured and dead.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What's wrong with these kids? The local school system is teaching middle school kids in dealing with gunshot wounds. Arm the teachers already!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Im sure it will get milked for all its worth .

An in other unreported news 27 died in Chicago shot by gang banger ranging from 9 to 18 years old this month ion a city that has the toughest gun laws in the country .

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

one has to wonder if this "media event" was helped along by those who could gain by another school shooting?

it is possible some Rx is driving the kids to become mass murders --- there has to be a common factor in all the mass shootings by kids at least.

i don't recall the"kid on kid" crimes being any thng like this 30 -40 years ago. we have to ask the correct questions and that would be "what has CHANGED to drive the children of today INSANE?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

i don't recall the"kid on kid" crimes being any thng like this 30 -40 years ago. we have to ask the correct questions and that would be "what has CHANGED to drive the children of today INSANE?

broken homes , violent TV , video games , no one home when kids get out of school. mass illegal immigration bringing more criminals to our country , compleate moral decay of our social values , the loss of religion an fear of going to hell, the inability to discipline ones own kids with spanking . no more respect for teachers due to parents having no resperct , the increase of drug use becoming more acceptable in our schools . The increase of bully's an gangs that go unchecked. parents wrokig two jobs to pay bills an not carig for there kids , parents not working at all an not caring for there kids , poor diet , kids dont have to work hard or do chores any more in may homes , they have no responsibility, teachers who are push overs an cant control a class due to the laws preventing spanking an other dicipline .

thats a few things that come to mind as a father of a 13 year old.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.