The Online Build Party has started!!!
This is meant for all the shoestring budget builders. The idea is that they will be able to rivet without investing in tools which they might never use again.
I am loaning out a "beater set" bolt cutter rivet tool. Rental Cost: shipping only!
I've planned to have a loaner set because the one time I'd loan "my" set to someone, you know I'd need it (isn't that the way it always is?) and then it occurred to me, what if I make a loaner that could be mailed out to those that need it? Well here goes...
This is for Gunco members only... consider it a perk for joining our community
The rules are simple - The shipping charge is the 'rental fee' for using the tool!!!!
Here's how it works:
- I ship the tool to the first person to request them via USPS flat rate.
- Use the squeezers for up to 14 days.
- Post here when you're done, or when 14 days expire.
- The next person will Post and PM whoever has the tool at that time. The person who has the tool will mail it to the person who has requested to use it.
- When someone requests to use it they go "on the list".
- The next person will repeat this whole process. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Open to suggestions to make this work better... if any moderators see a problem here just let me know.
- No deposit required, so the honor system is active! They are only like $8 on sale so I wouldn't lose a great deal of investment... BUT if you disappear after receiving them, expect your name to surface on flame threads around the 'Net until the tool returns to circulation. 'nuff said!
- We need a time limit so everyone can benefit - everyone must agree to keep them for 14 days, and send them out to the next person. The only exception to the 14-day rule is that if no one is waiting on them, that person keeps them until someone requests them.
- The contact link & notification process is this thread and PM the last user to request them. Feel free to PM directly to me if any questions.
- You assume all responsibility, both physical and legal, in using the tool. I (and Gunco) are not responsible in any way, shape or form, express or implied, etc.
- I (and the Gunco moderators) reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
As you may already know, my tool is built with the assumption that you'll be using a plate of stock - 3/16" or thicker - with a concave dremelled into it for the head of the rivet. You can get steel stock from HD, Lowe's, and even Ace Hardware. 1/4" stock is what I have been using and it works real well. Check my website (below) for more details.
Yes I know, I probably won't see the squeezer for many months, if ever, but it's for a good cause - the HOME BUILDER
In case you're wondering... here's the link to my original cutter creation that started it all:
PM me, and I'll get this underway.