Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Loaner Rivet Tool - Online Build Party

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Loaner Rivet Tool - Online Build Party

The Online Build Party has started!!!

This is meant for all the shoestring budget builders. The idea is that they will be able to rivet without investing in tools which they might never use again.

I am loaning out a "beater set" bolt cutter rivet tool. Rental Cost: shipping only!

I've planned to have a loaner set because the one time I'd loan "my" set to someone, you know I'd need it (isn't that the way it always is?) and then it occurred to me, what if I make a loaner that could be mailed out to those that need it? Well here goes...
    This is for Gunco members only... consider it a perk for joining our community

THE RULES

The rules are simple - The shipping charge is the 'rental fee' for using the tool!!!!

Here's how it works:

1. I ship the tool to the first person to request them via USPS flat rate.
    2. Use the squeezers for up to 14 days.
    3. Post here when you're done, or when 14 days expire.
    4. The next person will Post and PM whoever has the tool at that time. The person who has the tool will mail it to the person who has requested to use it.
    5. When someone requests to use it they go "on the list".
    6. The next person will repeat this whole process. Wash, rinse, repeat.

• No deposit required, so the honor system is active! They are only like $8 on sale so I wouldn't lose a great deal of investment... BUT if you disappear after receiving them, expect your name to surface on flame threads around the 'Net until the tool returns to circulation. 'nuff said!
    • We need a time limit so everyone can benefit - everyone must agree to keep them for 14 days, and send them out to the next person. The only exception to the 14-day rule is that if no one is waiting on them, that person keeps them until someone requests them.
    • The contact link & notification process is this thread and PM the last user to request them. Feel free to PM directly to me if any questions.
    • You assume all responsibility, both physical and legal, in using the tool. I (and Gunco) are not responsible in any way, shape or form, express or implied, etc.
    • I (and the Gunco moderators) reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
    Open to suggestions to make this work better... if any moderators see a problem here just let me know.

As you may already know, my tool is built with the assumption that you'll be using a plate of stock - 3/16" or thicker - with a concave dremelled into it for the head of the rivet. You can get steel stock from HD, Lowe's, and even Ace Hardware. 1/4" stock is what I have been using and it works real well. Check my website (below) for more details.

Yes I know, I probably won't see the squeezer for many months, if ever, but it's for a good cause - the HOME BUILDER

In case you're wondering... here's the link to my original cutter creation that started it all:

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/A.../boltcutter.htm

PM me, and I'll get this underway.
    - Jerry

Feedback Score

Glad to see you started this. But, had you done it 4 months ago I would have more AK's built!

J/K pookie.

It is a great idea, and Im sure someone will get it going.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Sounds good to me!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Man, I'm suprised no one hasn't jumped on this yet. Its been almost 20 minutes according to my clock and no takers. I would, but I'm getting a set soon.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Sweetness, if demand is high I will put a set out too
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yosuthnmasa
    Man, I'm suprised no one hasn't jumped on this yet. Its been almost 20 minutes according to my clock and no takers. I would, but I'm getting a set soon.
    Me too! Of course, not everyone is glued to a monitor 24x7 like I am.

I'm going to the PO this morning in just a few hours from now, so I guess it will be next week before I ship them out. No worries here. I do wonder, however if any build parties are coming up. Isn't there someone who loaned out their 555 jig? That would be a hoot - a build party using loaner tools! LOL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

bump-a-lump

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Your da man HC!!!
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Mak
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

If at all possible I would like to get in one this deal since I didn't get a reply from emailing cwtoyota on buying a set of his. I won't need them until sometime in June though as I am away from home until then. Any chance of getting the set sent then. Or, if you could get me a set of them I would gladly buy them. I don't have a grinder and would rather get them from someone with a bit more skill then trying to make them myself.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I think I just saw Harbor Freight lowered their's to less than $10.

If Jerry didn't mind, his design could be copied by the borrower and there would be one more of these in the world.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

mini mill mods

super spacer mini mill
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.