Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Announcement - Dick Metcalf no longer with guns & ammo magazine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Announcement - Dick Metcalf no longer with guns & ammo magazine

As you all know Dick Metcalf recently wrote an article in Guns&Ammo which was intended to be controversial. It was more than that, and in my opinion crossed over the line. In our fight for our rights, there is only black and white, there is no shade of gray. You are either wholly with us, or you are against us. Since that article was published many have vocally protested it. Some have done it on the internet. Other have done it behind the scenes.

The end result is Mr. Metcalf is no longer with Guns&Ammo In addition The editor who published it, Mr. Jim Bequette is stepping down and his position will be taken over by Eric Poole.

Eric Poole served our country as a Marine in Iraq. He is as staunch a supporter of our rights as anyone. He is a good fit for this position. The official announcement will be posted shortly on the Guns&Ammo website.

David M. Fortier
    InterMedia Outdoors
    Be Ready!
    Editor

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Unless my wife sent the check without me knowing I no longer get g&a

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea i think their going PC--soon the title will be "gays and amordypites!" will be the new G&A--

Feedback Score

I've been reading G&A since the late fifties. Bill Jordan, Skeeter, Elmer, The Colonel. The people in charge knew no one lives forever. And over the decades they failed to develop more writers of that caliber. I tried reading the rag a few times after The Colonel's passing, but it was truly a waste of time. I would rather read and reread the old stuff from these gentlemen than waste a minute with the tripe coming from the keyboards of the new guys.
    Hunter

Feedback Score

i didnt think there mags had good articles in it any way .... just a waste of money .... IMO

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Enemies in the weeds...in our magazines. The vermin are everywhere!!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I stopped looking at any gun magazine a while ago, they're all the same and just keep redoing articles about the same firearms, over and over again.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    I've been reading G&A since the late fifties. Bill Jordan, Skeeter, Elmer, The Colonel. The people in charge knew no one lives forever. And over the decades they failed to develop more writers of that caliber. I tried reading the rag a few times after The Colonel's passing, but it was truly a waste of time. I would rather read and reread the old stuff from these gentlemen than waste a minute with the tripe coming from the keyboards of the new guys.
    Hunter

I think that a lot of the problem lies in the fact that the old timers like Skeeter, Cooper, Keith, Askins, etc. were shooters first and journalists second (or third). These men probably lived and breathed firearms on a daily basis and only sat down to write in the evening after a day (or week) of shooting and hunting or even just woodswalking. These days I bet that most of the people writing for the gun rags spend 8-10 hours a day in an cubicle behind a keyboard in some suburban yuppie office complex.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

any links to the article ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

So whats the best carry gun anyway? 9mm 45acl 22lr? Let's do some tests! I think askins said wrap a white bandana on the the end of a 351 and shoot. Period.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.