Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PPS43 9mm conversion

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default PPS43 9mm conversion

OK guys here's a question for anyone with experience with PPS43's.

I'm thinking a 43 kit but want to convert it to 9mm, barrels are available and appear to be just a slide in unit. What would be involved in this conversion? And will stock X25 mags work with a 9mm conversion??

I have 0 experience with them but would like one, but with X25 being so damn expensive now I'm just thinking 9mm might be the way to go on one. And it could possibly be a double duty gun if the conversion doesn't hinder anything or require any other differences other than the barrel. I have no clue otherwise!!!

Help!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Opp's the X25 mags ,,Do work, without modifications,, just saw it someplace else while doing research on them. The rest look very simple from what I've found out so far, just fit the barrel by the looks, pretty much.
    Last edited by twa2471; 12-31-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Well there we go,, just got a built X25 with 8 extra mags coming and a unissued kit and most of the 9mm parts ordered,,,to build the kit with, just need the upper receiver.

So Guess I'm committed now! We'll see just how they are. That's just about the only thing I hadn't had at this point, that I know of. From what I've seen and read there not to bad,, so I guess it was time to try one out. I told ya I wanted something just a bit different!

Lord Knows you might not find them soon the way things are going now. So get your cool, different,,kinda stuff now if you want it,,,I'm guessing it won't be long before you won't be able to.

I just had to have something a bit different to fuss with I guess, sense I don't really have but 1-2 Tac-cool things,, just hunting stuff mostly. I'll keep the X25 stock, and go all "crazy maul ninja" on the 9mm kit one ,,,,,

ya know the kind of gun we talked about before that has no particular purpose other than having fun with it!!
    Last edited by twa2471; 12-31-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The BUT of the 9mm round is just a wee bit fatter than the 7.62X25 one. 9mm rounds load into the PPS43 mags.

Give it a try and let's see what it does?
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That was my first thought too musibike, but when I went over to WG and a couple other places to do research on them ,,it seems they work OK from what I've read so far.
    It seems others haven't really mentioned it all that much when converting them, so I can't imagine it's that much of a serious issue, but I'll find out one way or the other when they get here ,,for sure.

Now I'll be chomping at the bits waiting for it to get here !!!!

Feedback Score

Cool. Following this for sure. I picked up one of the pps43 kits a while back. I was going to do mine 9mm too. From what I've read about it all you really need is a 9mm barrel. Seems like an easy build.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

The 9mm round should fit in a x25 bolt. The conversion for the PPSH41 is only a barrel change and a magwell addition and they run fine

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by flemgunner View Post
    The 9mm round should fit in a x25 bolt. The conversion for the PPSH41 is only a barrel change and a magwell addition and they run fine
    +1
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

FCG is needed too,, but that's an easy swap out of the dis-connector, trigger ect. ,no sweat there. I'll have to look at it when it gets here, but I was thinking about possibly reaming out the hole at the end of the shroud and the so called break where the barrel goes through and add a 74 style break to it,,,

just one of those,,,"gezzz wonder if I could do that to it " kinda things? Just thinking here. It should be simple though, ream the holes, thread the end of the barrel (if it's big enough diameter), ream the break for 9mm, screw it on and that should be just about it. Depends if there is enough meat on the end of the shroud part to do that to though. That 74 style break should be quite effective too, if I can tuck it through that is. But it,,, at least,,, has to be Way better than the original, they just scattered flames around.

And for the bolt,, there's nothing that needs to be done there. Bonus !! All and all it looks pretty simple and what I'll be able to handle easy with what I have access to for tools . Brian said it's OK to come down to the marina and use what I need to though,,,so that will take care of fitting ,pressing and pining the barrel in the trunnion and reaming the holes in the shroud out, drill and tap for rails to add a bunch of goodies to,like,,,vertical grip, laser, light ect. ,,ect.,,, ect.!! OH! OH! OH!

SHIT,,,I'm Going all Tim The Tool Man Taylor on ya now,,

Get Back Jackson!!!

Good plan so far! Gezzz,, dreaming, scheming and planning already,,and I JUST ORDERED THE DAMN THING !!!!
    Won't be here for a week or so, anyways! SO slow up them hossies,,, boy!!!!

Feedback Score

Im in the process of making a subgun match PPS43/52/something. They are cool little guns

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.