Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: taurus 9mm /40 S&W carbine?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak taurus 9mm /40 S&W carbine?

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/taur...ew-gun-review/

interesting --but it is either going to go or fail on the mags -- with no 20-30rd mags its gonna flop.

having played around with a 9mm ar -- i can tell you it is fun to shoot and has reasonable enough power for close in compared to a pistol. no it ain't gonna out gun no .223/7.62x39/300BO ect-ect rifle class rounds.

i figure in the world today a PPC/ pistol powered carbine is a good thing to have as who knows what the ammo situation might end up being. i had much rather defend the homestead with a 9mm PPC than a pistol --and this thing can get head shots way-out there, far beyond anything possible with a pistol. hell i even scoped my 9mm ar-15 --and it does quite well!

the good thing about the 9mm is it is accurate and quiet from a 16" sounds like a .22 rimfire all most.

the taurus being a blow back and not having decent mags makes it look like a slow seller to me.

now a gas operated PPC with a big mag--that would be the ticket--

maybe if taurus cut that price to 1/2 i might take another more serious look--

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I have to agree that a pistol round powered carbine is most useful. And, that mags of only 10 rounds are certainly going to be a show stopper with these.

The audiable report from one of these carbines is most great while doing varmint clearing out in the country. A 9mm is almost just as loud as a .22CAL less the sharp air crack. 124 GR is a tab bit slower and is a bit less noisy.

32 RND UZI mags machined to work in a 9mm AR15 are easy to FAB up on a milling machine. Or, these can be purchased from c-products pretty cheap.

Maybe TAURUS will come around to better pricing along with better mags as an option to those of us who still live in more gun friendly states?

If not, I will just keep using the AR15 and UZI 9mm carbines.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

i looked at them and also thought it was a deal killer with the 10 rounders.
    I saw on Gunbroker they were going for 679. That is 200 less then MSRP

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

An UZI carbine can still be had new for $699.00 these days. 32 rnd mag included.

All metal receiver.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i've been contemplating a 40 S&W ar-15 that is DI on the gas system.

only thing is money being tight and a panic every other week have kept me fro starting on it.

as many ar-15 bolts as i got there are several that will hold a 40 round. i got a conversion block left over from my CMMG dedicated 9mm build so all i need are some mags to hold the 40 rounds and a barrel----

lol i'll talk myself into it eventually--LOL!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

RRA has all of the parts for .40CAL AR15.

I guess 9mm is enough for my needs now.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

maybe if taurus cut that price to 1/2 i might take another more serious look
    They call that a Hi-Point

Taurus can't sell mags over ten rounds for it here because of the laws in the US, it's made in Brazil and since it's classed as a "sporting carbine" they can't ship it with larger mags. There has been one rumor that a US company is looking into making mags for it, but I won't believe it until I see them for sale.

These are based off a sub-gun Taurus designed, and they make different long barreled models too. They are made with a folding stock (it might extend too?), the FCG is AR or close to it, and the PG is an AR. So hopefully someone will make a nice stock for it.
    Let see if I can add some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

And if you get creative you can make something work
    Still looking for others that might work, tried the Suomi mag but it's to wide across the back, MP5 are to wide, Glcok to wide, Beretta 92 to skinny, still need to check the STEN.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

were still talking a taurus here not an HK--

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    They call that a Hi-Point

Taurus can't sell mags over ten rounds for it here because of the laws in the US, it's made in Brazil and since it's classed as a "sporting carbine" they can't ship it with larger mags. There has been one rumor that a US company is looking into making mags for it, but I won't believe it until I see them for sale.

hi=points were $79 last time i looked at one-- thought that was a bit expensive at the time--LOL

knowing taurus i bet it got some spongy plastic trigger BS going on too-- $750 is way too much-- yea $350 --maybe.

and where are those taurus SCAR clones they kept promising?

taurus is one of those deals like ruger. i want to like their products but they just keep dropping the ball--

These are based off a sub-gun Taurus designed, and they make different long barreled models too. They are made with a folding stock (it might extend too?), the FCG is AR or close to it, and the PG is an AR. So hopefully someone will make a nice stock for it.
    Let see if I can add some pics.

Feedback Score

This thing already exists. It's called the Marlin Model 9 Camp Carbine. It's handier, accepts any S&W 59 series pistol mag and doesn't look like something one of the clowns would carry while climbing out of the VW at the circus.
    Pistol-caliber rifles and carbines have always been handy. I've taken as many deer and hawg with my .44mag lever as with my .30-30.
    Hunter
    Tactical is a mindset. TactKewl is a shopping list that if you're lucky won't get you dead.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

cuttokarevslides

m88a steel guide rod

norinco 213 mag in m88a

removing ejector rod from zastava 88a slide
tokarev m88a
tokarev m88a polish
using a norinco 213 mag in a m88a

zastava m88a

zastava m88a problems
zastava m88a trigger job

zastava yugo mini tokarev m88a

zestava m88a
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.