Thread: Deal or no Deal

Feedback Score

Default Deal or no Deal

Browsing around and saw this. They are available in 308 and 223 but come at a higher price. Found 7.62x39 and 30.06 for about $10 more on GunJoker + shipping. Item below is free shipping. Talk me into or out of this. Deal or no Deal?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...Picatinny+Rail

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

For me it would be a no-go,,to much $$$$ for the quality of those that I've seen like that. I've never shot one either so it's a crap shoot accuracy wise. Find someone that's got one first that you can try out, that would be my preferred thing to do before I plunked down 5 bills for one, and in the end it will cost ya more than that.

For that kinda $ you could get a Savage Axis 06 with a scope( which shoot great BTW) ,, AND,,, a Mossburg 500. All of us know the performance of both of them already and it seems to me a better option if you're looking for lower end guns that work right with out question.

I've never been disappointed by sticking with something that's tried and true myself, no matter what the price range. This is just an opinion on my part though.

I did have one years ago, Stevens or Savage I think it was, and it was a 12 x 30-30,, it was OK but nothing spectacular.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the marlin XR7 is a very nice and accurate rifle for that kind of money too.

the cheap savage axis/edge is very accurate for quite a bit less.

and the more traditional savage/stevens bolt actions are very fine shooters too--and howia too--

lots of accurate and fairly priced irons out there. if it was me i think i would shop around --you'll probably turn up a deal somewhere.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have a older savage combo gun 20 guage 222 an I love it .

The trouble with those here is I can hunt it in a no rifle zone an if im in rifle zone hunting I dont need a shot gun .

IMO the price is to high for those as mentioned above I have looked at them before .

Now for a survival you can only have one gun i have advocated them as a solution for years . I know a few road hunters who use them out west on quail an deer or what ever they find off of atvs an trial bikes .

i have always wanted a 12 guage larger rifle combo than what I have . quite honestly I can do a barrel awap on my handi rifel in about three caliburs or guages for a lot less an then I dont carry the extra weigth . You need to have need to have both in the filed to make these worth while .
    My unlce has a 20 guage /30-03 he uses on horse back for pigs an quail an what ever on some ranches he hunts great for that ,

liked meantioend above you can gwt a savage an a mossurge shot gun for about the same money .

how about a screw in barrel for the 500 S&W ak you built in 410 . or maybe take a sagia 12 an do a screw in barrel for a rifle round like a 45-70.

I was toying with the idea of a over under AK muzzle loader a shot gun rifle combo would be doable

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Mostly what I've found was that you were stuck using open sights for the rifle part or being stuck using a scope for when you used the shotgun part,,neither is ideal. Especially in 06 where you can shoot a country mile,,open sights at long range,,

not for this old boy anymore!

Of course as many years ago as it was that I owned that 12X30-30, dot scopes weren't even invented yet, so maybe it would be slightly more useful now they are, but your still stuck with a scope for a shotgun then, unless you use it for just a slug gun or turkey gun, then the 06 part,,in your case,, would be pretty useless with just a ,,unmagnified/ low magnification, dot type scope.

To many draw backs for me in a center fire combo.

See where I'm going with this willie? But,,,,,

The 22 X 410's however are pretty damn handy ,,there great for rabbits ,squirrels, pigeons ect, where long range shooting isn't any concern and a scope wouldn't be normally needed. I gave one to one of the kids for Christmas as a first gun many years ago and they still have it,use it, and love it,, at 40 years old. Those are nice and I've used that particular one quite a bit myself, and like it. That's the one to get IMO, especially if you can find a used one, good luck with that though,,people NEVER SELL THEM, once they have one, it seems

The center fire ones ,,,not so much. I see them for sale often. And generally for cheaper than the 22X410 combo ones. That should tell ya something right there,,,,

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The 22 X 410's however are pretty damn handy ,,there great for rabbits ,squirrels, pigeons ect, where long range shooting isn't any concern.
    yeap I have a savage model 22-410 also at the ready by the back door . with 22 an 410 shot an slugs i can kill anything LOL

cant hunt deer with a 410 in my state for soem reason even though a 17 fire ball pistol would be legal an a 41 cal muzzle laoder ?

its great on rodents an coons that get in my trash. Id love have a 28 guage version .

I do like my 20 guage 222 but less to shot at with out mking a mess of it . I suppose if ya reload some plinker rounds in 30-06 would be fun . about 8 rains of red dot gives a great back yard 30 cal load

I cant firn 22 lr to save my ass so a center fire is not a bad idea . I can laod the 222 barrel I have with a plinker load an use it pretty much like a 22 lr or 22 magnum

Feedback Score

I have an old Savage 22/410. I understand the rifle/shotgun conflict for hunting in some states. Here in Texas about the only thing I can't do is migratory bird hunt with a combo gun. Turkey hunting would be ok with a combo and 12/223 would be sweet. Everything I have read about this weapon is good, Remington marketed it under the Spartan name. The only warning of trouble is with the single selective trigger but this model is a dual trigger so no negative. I get the idea about the bolt rifles you guys are suggesting but I own several accurate bolt & semi high power rifles and pump,semi,single & ou shotguns. Actually wanted the 308 version but have and load 30.06 and it is $100 cheaper. I do have a couple of H&R shotgun/rifle switch barrel 12, 20, 22 K-hornet and 22-250 (MADE MY OWN 22-250 BARREL). Fun guns but not a true combo firearms.Just about talked myself into one with the Picatinny rail. Will go with a reddot or low power illuminated scope. Thanks for the input guys. Wish me luck as am after the big buck tomorrow. Brought three rifles depending on my mood and hunting stand wooded or open country. Savage 99 308 lever action old school steel El Paso 4x Weaver. Mauser straight pull 30.06 commerical 96 new model 3x9 30mm 50mm objective B&L Scope. DPMS LR308 24" HB, Geissele hi speed adj match trigger & Leupold 4.5x14 LRT Mark 4 scope. Home rolled ammo.
    ps and a Marlin 39a pre micro groove 1951 I picked up at a pawn shop, needed a little TLC but sweet on coons! A couple of hg just in case.

Search tags for this page

m88a

m88a steel guide rod

m88a zastava
marshall mini tokarev

norinco 213 mag in m88a

zastava 9mm m88a
zastava m88 caliber conversion
zastava m88 trigger job

zastava m88a

zastava m88a review

zastava steel guide rod

zastava yugo mini tokarev m88a

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.