Thread: "The Walking Dead" Spin-Off In The Works

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default "The Walking Dead" Spin-Off In The Works

The Walking Dead Spin-Off

Snippit:

AMC has promised that its in-the-works Walking Dead spin-off will shed light on a new, previously unseen corner of the zombie apocalypse — perhaps one where the living outnumber the undead.

There’s increasing buzz that the offshoot will be a prequel of sorts, one that would chronicle the early days of the epidemic and the effort to contain it. (An AMC rep declined to comment.)

In a recent interview with IGN, series creator Robert Kirkman — who is shepherding the spin-off along with fellow Walking Dead EPs Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert — confirmed that the new series will be set in a “different location” and feature “completely different people,” adding. “It definitely won’t be set in Georgia… It’s important to us that this show exists on its own. The spin-off has to be a show worthy of existing, or else we’ve all sold out.”

Insiders caution that the project is in the very early stages of development and nothing is set in stone. Translation: Even if this is the plan, it could very well change. AMC is eying a 2015 launch for the show so there’s no rush.

Continued: http://tv.yahoo.com/news/amcs-walkin...183412152.html

Black Blade: Sounds fun.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Great just what we need more imaginary things to worry about . LOL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

eh.... the main show already jumped the shark, so i'm not holding out much hope for the spin off. :|

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Though I like the 'Walking Dead', I am tired of zombie shows. Like getting sick of a food after eating too much of it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Though I like the 'Walking Dead', I am tired of zombie shows. Like getting sick of a food after eating too much of it.
    I agree.

I started watching zombie movies back in the late 90's when I discovered George Romero's Dead series of films. At some point in the last 5-8 years the zombie subculture made its way into the mainstream and has become vastly overplayed IMO to the point where it has become a ridiculous cliché.

the walking dead series held promise at one point, but sadly went down the wrong path and has become "days of our lives, with zombies" or "the young and the restlessly undead".

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

At some point in the last 5-8 years the zombie subculture made its way into the mainstream and has become vastly overplayed IMO to the point where it has become a ridiculous cliché
    Yep
    It's like all monster style movies, there was the vampire & ware wolf craze for a while too, and visitors from other worlds.
    It all comes down to the point that writers can't think of anything new and have to keep reinventing old stories, just like how they were trying to make movies from old TV series in the 2000's.

but sadly went down the wrong path and has become "days of our lives, with zombies" or "the young and the restlessly undead"
    LOL
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.