Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: AR upper reciever

Feedback Score

Default AR upper reciever

My dream belt fed would be something like an MG42 had sex with an AR because I've always wanted a MG.
    Anyways does anyone have any links to build your own belt fed AR Recievers?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Look up ares defense for some pics of the shrike he builds. PRICEY!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

There Pricy indeed,, I ran crossed them when I was bored and looking around the net ,OUCH,,,
    then there's the ammo,,

When I humped a 60 in Nam, I'd always wonder "what to Hell happened to that last belt,,did it break off, or did I really dump it all ,,already ???" Of course I was usually getting shot at the time,,, and it's real easy to go through a bunch then.

Belt feds are a very pricy toy, myself I'll slide,, unless Uncle Sugar will pick up the ammo tab again,,,

probably won't happen though.

There a dream gun in many respects, but just so damn expensive to buy/build, license, maintain and feed, there not even close to practical unless you have very very deep pockets. Just go to a MG range when the urge strikes, rent one and get it out of your system and spend the bucks you would have on a belt fed and build 5-6 really good other guns instead. You'll be money ahead and have a better collection in the end,, IMHO

But if $$$ and licensing hassles and feeding it aren't any issue,,buy all means ,,go for it!!

They are a Hell of allot of fun to shoot, I must admit, especially when someone ain't shooting back!!
    Ftwash likes this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

twa the guys name is geoff something iirc. Cocky dude. Started around here till he hit the big time and moved to Florida I think. Smart tho.fame does that to you I guess. Oh well.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

bovver - are you looking for something like the ARES belt fed AR or the Valkyrie belt fed AR? Then if you were to use one of the slide fire stocks....

I wonder if using some of the pics of existing belt fed AR's if one could figure what all needs to be changed...
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    bovver - are you looking for something like the ARES belt fed AR or the Valkyrie belt fed AR? Then if you were to use one of the slide fire stocks....

I wonder if using some of the pics of existing belt fed AR's if one could figure what all needs to be changed...
    Yeah I'm not going to buy one, those are crazy prices, I had hoped someone here might have built one themselves or something along those lines, and it would be semi auto etc. only thing in my deep pockets is lint.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

I understand about the lint in pockets, I definitely budget more for gun expenses than I did before.

As for the belt fed upper, maybe if someone hasn't made one themselves, maybe someone knows or can point in the direction of dmensions of what would have to be changed?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

That's what I was thinking, but you're right about looking at pictures and maybe comming up with something myself

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If you want a beltfed upper you can afford to feed, get one of these. Unfortunately used is all there is these days.

Lakeside Guns - Home of the Rimfire Beltfeds

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Forgot about the 22lr beltfeds! You rock kernel!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

fcg pkm trigger

tec tactical pkm

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.