Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why Preppers are running to the hills of Tennessee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Why Preppers are running to the hills of Tennessee

Why Preppers are running to the hills of Tennessee

KNOXVILLE, Tenn., Nov. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Are you preparing for doomsday? Maybe not, but several of your neighbors, friends and family are doing just that.

COUNTRY PLACES LAND FOR SALE / Rural land in Tennessee with 100% Owner Financing is a popular choice for many Americans. 800-239-LAND. (PRNewsFoto/Country Places)

Many Americans feel that the country is in a crumbing condition and are anticipating a doomsday scenario. This has them running to the mountains to seek the amenities of remote land. Owning land provides the potential for much of the necessary components of survival like food, water, security, shelter, and energy.

According to the book Strategic Relocation by Joel Skousen, the Cumberland Plateau is one of the safest areas of the country to live. This has more people interested in buying rural Tennessee land. Natural disasters, man-made events and global unrest can trigger panic and disrupt our social or political order without warning. Preparing for such emergencies can help you and your family survive if ever an event occurs.

"On a daily basis we are speaking with people that are preparing for an economic or doomsday type of disaster. People are choosing our rural land and its many uses to prepare themselves and their families," said Don Busby, General Manager of Country Places, Inc.

For over 30 years, Country Places has been offering owner-financed land to those seeking a better chance at self-sufficiency and security without the barriers presented by banks and mortgage companies.

Prepping continues to gain popularity

With worldwide unrest, it is no wonder that prepping for emergencies including survivalist tactics currently dominates many blog comments and message board posts.

Survivalism used to be seen as an extremist practice but has moved more into the mainstream in recent years. A spike in sales by emergency product suppliers, camping retailers and army surplus stores is just one supporting indicator that Americans view this as a necessity of our lives.

Many people purchasing land, especially remote properties, do so while considering it as a retreat, or 'bug-out' property, for use during any abnormal event where fleeing to an alternate area is necessary. These survivalists, or preppers, realize there are a number of different scenarios, which will dictate exactly what will be needed and focus on a few key factors in an attempt to cover most all possibilities.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...232514091.html

Black Blade: I have been buying raw rural land for a few years. Have my own hunting and fishing preserve now. Sort of my own outdoor supermarket. Land is a good investment - and as they say, "they ain't making anymore of it".
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have seen owner financed land up in the hills here in Ark. You used to be able to buy 10 acre plots for $100 down, $100 a month. I should check if I can still get in on some of that.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

man i absolutely love the knoxville area of tennesseee...

knoxville, sieverville, cumberland gap.... those are such fantastic places with wonderful people.... not much for employment there.. but things are cheap, taxes are low & theres no state tax either.....

we have been looking at buying a place there for several years as a retirement/second income set up... and its less than a tank of gas away.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

nothing better than living off of the land n off of the network ....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    I have seen owner financed land up in the hills here in Ark. You used to be able to buy 10 acre plots for $100 down, $100 a month. I should check if I can still get in on some of that.
    wow, that would not be a bad deal. around here everyone wants $5k+ an acre anymore.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    wow, that would not be a bad deal. around here everyone wants $5k+ an acre anymore.
    I forget what the total per acre cost was, seems like it was around 3500 bucks. I'm sure it has gone up by now. Mind you, this land is pretty far from any sizable towns, and you may not be able to get utilities. This makes it fairly worthless to real estate developers. The plot we looked at had a stream, but was pretty rocky so not fit to farm commercially. Cool thing was the folks across the gravel road had a shooting range. Should have pulled the trigger, but we were too poor to afford the $100 a month payments. Now I'm too old & tired to do any hard labor, build a cabin, etc.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    I forget what the total per acre cost was, seems like it was around 3500 bucks. I'm sure it has gone up by now. Mind you, this land is pretty far from any sizable towns, and you may not be able to get utilities. This makes it fairly worthless to real estate developers. The plot we looked at had a stream, but was pretty rocky so not fit to farm commercially. Cool thing was the folks across the gravel road had a shooting range. Should have pulled the trigger, but we were too poor to afford the $100 a month payments. Now I'm too old & tired to do any hard labor, build a cabin, etc.
    Just did a quick search and found land here as low as $1295/acre!
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Survivalists deem TN Plateau prime prepper property

Snippit:

(WBIR - Fentress County) If you're searching for somewhere to make it through any number of doomsday scenarios, some prominent members of the survivalist "prepper" movement say look no further than right here in East Tennessee.

That sentiment has preppers flocking to Tennessee's Cumberland Plateau for property. Country Places realty says it has received so many calls from preppers, the company is now specifically marketing much of its Plateau property to those who are preparing for the worst.

"It's very noticeable how many calls we get and how many people we're showing land on a daily basis," said Don Busby, general manager of Country Places. "A few years ago, at that time I never heard of a 'prepper' or the 'doomsday movement.' But over the last year there is a much greater intensity. I get the calls daily from people all over the United States who are looking for land. Usually, a minute or two into the call it is pretty obvious that they have a prepper mentality. They've got to have a place that is safe where they can grow food, raise animals, and have things stockpiled."

"People like the thought of having a place of their own to get away. People like being self-sufficient and being able to make it on their own and live off the land. That is something that appeals to a lot of people," said owner Brian Nelson. "I don't think there's anything negative about being a 'prepper' and being prepared for bad times. If bad times ever come, the people who own a little dirt are going to be in a lot better situation than someone who just lives in a condo and doesn't know how to operate anything except an iPhone."

Continued: http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local...perty/3762865/

News Video: http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local...perty/3762865/

Black Blade: Seems the news reporter is mocking the preppers tho.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

of course the news reporter is mocking the preppers..........

even a news reporter has figured out that if your advertising that your a prepper..... your not really a prepper.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Used to be like that in the North Ga hills but people watching all the Gold shows on TV heard there is still a lot of gold there and the prices have gone way up.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.