Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scope won,t zero on PSL

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Scope won,t zero on PSL

I have a Romanian pos scope that I can,t zero. The reticial is as low as it could go. I tried looking on the web with no luck.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

you are a head of me, mine did not zero but I did not try to adjust it. so i used open sights at 100yd nothing wrong with the rifle

in your case is this a homebuilder or cugir built rifle or someone else

how does the rifle shoot with open sights
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Sprat it is a home build ,the rifle is good off open sights . I had to mill the scope rail to get the scope to fit . Do I need to work on the rail more or is the problem with scope itself. What started this that my wife got me a bore-sight from Cabela's. I can see the red dot through the scope but it is bottomed out .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

didnt you just ask this question on WG? you'll get the same answer here from the same guys. LOL

but in case your not the same guy:

you'll need to shim the scope or build the rail back up at the right point to give you the amount of adjustment you need. very very common when one has to adjust the scope rail to then not be able to get it to zero properly.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

dutigaf,thanks for the help.I didn,t ask before on the WG but will try. I'm glade I asked before the drimel tool got used . Thanks again .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I had the same problem with an aftermarket rail and scope on an AK. I eventually took the side mount off, put the rifle in a vise, leveled the bbl with a spirit level and reinstalled the side mount level with the bbl. Had to weld up a coupla side mount holes and redrill. Luckily I had not put a finish on the receiver. When I built my psl's I did this from the start. Don't know if this is the same problem as u have but it might be worth looking at. Good luck with it, these are some decent shooters when you get the bugs worked out.(Till the bbl heats up!)
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

as soon as I read homebuilt I figured the mount dips a bit in the front, seems both suggests are the best course

glad dutigaf was able to help you, while at the same time shelfishly promoting the other website
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

didnt you just ask this question on WG? you'll get the same answer here from the same guys. LOL

but in case your not the same guy:

you'll need to shim the scope or build the rail back up at the right point to give you the amount of adjustment you need. very very common when one has to adjust the scope rail to then not be able to get it to zero properly.
    LOL I thought the same thing as there is buy over there who has his rail on crooked or some other issue.

the simple fact is if the rail is not true to the bore its going to need to be fixed some how . most likey it needs to come off or shimmed or some thing.

guys who build these with side rails need to make there the rail is true to the bore take 3' straight edge an see if runs parrale to the barrel by eye if it dosnet yur scpe is going to pint some were beside were the barrel is .

IMO mosto f these are screwed up due to ther center support rived bending the recvier in or out an then there the elevation that needs to be corrrect .

before you river otr weld one one but a 1" piece of pile in your rings an look down it an see if its pointing were tje barrel is .

I put a new side mount on my 308 Saiga today onthe stock rail IMO the whole set up is a joke I can move the entire top of the mount side ways aboiut a 1/4" with mediom thumb pressure . how the russians an who ever else expect the scope to stay zeroed is beyind me, the entior erecvie flecs with side pressure .

the stupid side rail mount is unsuported for like three inches ? An then its mounted to .045 thick sheet metal . they might as well just mounthte scope on a crow bar .

IMO the set up is barely good for holdong a flash light .

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

This isn't the best fix, but may be the easiest. you can slot the 4 bracket bolt holes on the scope. When you get it where you want it, lock it down with the screws and then from the receiver side of the bracket drill and tap for a set screw. The scope will only be good for that rifle and you will still have the same problem if you put another scope on. Shims can be added between the bracket halves for left/right.

Like I said..not the best fix, but if your options are limited. This one works.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks 1biggun and 555th for the help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.