Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stores Overflowing With Desperate Mobs Getting Supplies Before Expected Storm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Stores Overflowing With Desperate Mobs Getting Supplies Before Expected Storm

Stores Overflowing With Shoppers Getting Supplies Before Expected Storm

The Kroger parking lot is packed as shoppers load up on food staples - amid winter storm forecast. (WWJ/Beth Fisher)

NORTHVILLE (WWJ) – Area gas stations and grocery stores were packed with customers, as thousands heed warnings of heavy snowfall and bitter temps. Storm ‘preppers’ hurried to get food and other supplies for the rough weather.

“I know people are comparing this to what it was like on Christmas eve … but with the storm coming in, I just had to get some stuff and thought what is going on? The lines are literally half-way through the store,” said WWJ’s Brooke Allen from a crowded Meijer store.

Allen said after 15 minutes in line, she wasn’t even close to the cashier.

“The parking lot was almost completely full,” said one shopper. “I had to get a parking spot that was clear out … closest to the road.”

One man told WWJ he’s never seen the Northville Meijer at Haggerty and 8-Mile as busy as it was Saturday afternoon.

“Usually there is an aisle way that you can walk between the cash registers and the clothes and jewelry counter and the cards … this time there was no space to pass anybody – so I had to walk into the merchandise to get back to where I needed to get to,” he said.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/01/...xpected-storm/

Black Blade: Fortunately most "true preppers" are stocked and ready long before any SHTF event. These people were caught with their pants down and are desperately clawing and scratching for scraps of food and basic necessities. Rather funny too.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    Black Blade: Fortunately most "true preppers" are stocked and ready long before any SHTF event. These people were caught with their pants down and are desperately clawing and scratching for scraps of food and basic necessities. Rather funny too.
    I had someone laugh at me recently because I always keep a good supply of everything I could possibly need.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yeah I think it's funny too, if you can't have enough on hand to get through at least a couple days it's your own fault.
    But a lot of times I do try to get a few things before a storm hits, like fresh vegetables or maybe lunch meats, but I at least pay attention to weather reports and don't wait until the last minute like most people do.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ALMOST full parking lot dosent sound like a mob rush to me. LOL

Every one should have food a water for a week.

Stores were busy today in WI mostly people buying beer an chips for the Packers game. Now if we run low on beer look out there will be riots.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I was at my local Kroger about 17:00 hours and saw the same. There parking lot was full.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

still up north last friday the bakery section was stripped of bread goods, the bread isle was bare the milk section only had gallons of regular milk, I went in for burger and cold cuts
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Although I have powdered milk stored, I do like to keep fresh on hand. So with my children - I have a few gallons on hand but wanted to grab a couple more. With that said - going to the local Krogers last night about midnight was a sight to see. The produce section, meat section, bread aisle, and dairy section were all about empty. Only milk was soy, almond, or the expensive organic milk. So I went down the road to another store and they had milk. I grabbed my two gallons and headed home, lol. Even at that time of night people were going to the registers with their buggies overloaded with food, etc. I should have just went to the local UDF store to begin with as it would have been faster (and they always seem to have milk, lol).
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The roads don't look to bad. Its about +9degrees in Cincinnati and dropping. I wasent going to leave the house today but the X needs a ride to see her PO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Im now on site in North Dakota and it's -22F this morning with forecasts to go lower this morning to about -33F (-65F Windchill). So much for global warming. Stepped outside to clear an airline and almost got a twinge of frostbite after about 5 minutes when I took off my glove to unlatch a hose on the pump. I hope this cold blows over soon. Looks like back into the 30s by Friday. Meanwhile been eating a lot of soup and brats the last couple days. Pretty well stocked up and don't want to travel unless absolutely necessary (glad my "winter kit" is in my truck just in case).
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I just heard the sound of two of my ammo cans pop. I have my gas furnace set at 70F, but I see it is only 60F at my computer desk next to a window. I sometimes hear my ammo cans pop in the summer also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.