Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: patching a heat treated reciever

Feedback Score

Default patching a heat treated reciever

I was checking out the thread about welding in rails on a heat treated receiver and it got me thinking about this amd receiver that I have and couldn't help thinking I could convert it to fixed stock. its and amd receiver set up for folding stock and I really cant go that route.. I would have to make a patch for the large cut out on the right side and weld up the slot for the sling on the left. that leaves the holes on the bottom for the buttons...not sure the best way for those but the slot should be easy and the patch for the folding stock cut out could come from an old receiver. the heat sink paste and some anti spatter might come in handy but do you guys have any ideas or would this screw up a good receiver . Its an nds-65 and wasn't cheap

Feedback Score

Umm you could sell it to someone who has a kit.

Feedback Score

I havet a kit for it(minus top cover) I just cant have a folding stock in New York. I was looking at doing it as my first build as it has the rails in it and is heat treated. I have had an issue this week making the lower tong for my spot welder and am getting impatient to build. If I don't start soon I will see another kit and start looking for all the parts to finish it ...its an awful spiral. if I just get started I can finish all of them this summer.

Feedback Score

I get it now. Hope you get the tong on your spot welder figured out. Its been so many years I don't think I could help you there.I bent one of curtis's amd flats years ago and haven't used it.damnit. my fault.

Feedback Score

I was just looking at Curtis's site and saw he had tongs for the spotwelder while looking for a recoil spring and top cover for this build.

Feedback Score

If the tong isn't that expensive I get it.I'll look at mine to see what I did to mine.don't remember it being that bad to make it work tho.I'll check in the morning man.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Perhaps just build it as a folder and do a single Tig spot in an area that's inconspicuous and easy to undo later when you're in a "Free State",,,,,

A "Fixed folder" those are still legal in NY aren't they,, or has that been changed too?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

why would you buy a kit and receiver if you cant build it legally? did you buy the amd receiver and put it on paper before some bullshit law was passed? id build it as is and weld it shut so it cant fold.
    Allright you primitive screw heads listen up see this this is my boom stick its a 12 guage double barrel Remington. S Marts top of the line you can find this in the sporting goods department thats right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan.retails for about $109.95 its got a walnut stock cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger.thats right shop smart shop S Mart

Ash

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Make it a fixed folder.
    The easiest way to do this is to assemble it the way it should be, then tighten the screw/button down as tight as you can without damaging the screw driver slot, then put a spot of weld on the threaded end of that screw.
    This way if you want to make it a folder later, just drill or grind away the weld and loosen the screw so it works like a button again.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

coils you are right . I should build it like it was meant to be, and weld it open. stalker I did get all these parts a while ago and we have had some of the strictest gun laws in the nation imposed on us recently. the problem with all of it is we are not allowed to have any protruding grip( below receiver)they make stocks for our ars and adapters that look like clubs, with an ar 15 grip adapter and the club thingy on the ak we are good...looks like hell but makes the king happy or we can put a saiga butt stock on it .thorsden makes them and im not sure if the monster man grip the cali guys use is ok here but same principle. no pistol type grasp on the grip allowed below the receiver. I have seen some new lowers that bolt up to your upper that are like a normal hunting type rifle but cost a lot the elcheapo route a lot of guys go is to cut off the grip on their ar at the receiver, doesn't cost any thing easy to fix and totally messes up your control of the rifle. there are not to many ways to make the ak compliant available to us. I don't plan to reside in this state much longer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak gas block handguard
ak pdw
ak pistol pdw

c39 micro

c39 micro handguard

c39 micro pistol handguard replacement
c39 pistol
c39 pistol micro
micro ak pistol

micro draco

micro draco handguard

micro draco pistol

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.