Gunco Forums banner

QUES. ON PISTOL BUILD??

564 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tony 
#1 ·
My Dad wants me to build him a AK pistol. My questions are: when I buy the 100% receiver for it from my FFL dealer, does it require the 7 day waiting week for it, and will it get registered as a pistol when he (FFL) calls it in to ATF. Does the receiver need to be engraved (pistol).
And does it have to be engraved with name and address, like SBR?????

Thanks in advance:), Tony

#2 ·
first off the call into the FBI does not register it as a handgun, it's just a background check. and there is no requirement for the thing to be engraved "pistol" or your name and address..........just make sure that the receiver is on the form 4473 is checked as a handgun and logged out as such. as for the waiting period, if your state law says handguns have to be on a waiting period, I would imagine it probably would fall under a waiting period.

#3 ·
Tony; I bought a pistol last week from SOG through my local FFL. ( Mills feed !) There was NO waiting period. I did have to go to the sheriff first and buy a handgun purchase permit. It was $10.00 & they did a background check. All I had was a DUI from 1972!( 12/24/72.....Christmas eve in the pokey:eek: ) I'm in MO. also.

#5 ·
MO. is funny with laws concerning guns. Some counties require the 7 day, some don't. I was wondering on a 100% receiver only has to be logged as pistol or if I have to pay the $10 for a background check also. Since it is a "blank" receiver I guess not. I'll double check with my FFl, just to make sure.Pop don't want to go to jail, and I don't want to put him there:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.