Gunco Forums banner

7.62x25 bbl pics

13K views 49 replies 23 participants last post by  Bullpup 
#1 ·
7.62x25 bbl for ak I turned and chambered for one of the members here.

See less See more
#4 ·
I bought the reamer from clymer about 6 years ago when they would turn a custom reamer for less than $100 so I could chamber a bbl for my gov model, and liked it so much I have built a couple of rifles and rechambered my 30 carbine black hawk revolver, the neatest thing I have done with it is chamber a bunch of chamber inserts that look just like 12ga shells, work great thru my 870, and shoot minute of squirrel at 35 yds

#6 ·
panaceabeachbum said:
, work great thru my 870, and shoot minute of squirrel at 35 yds
:rofl:

Last couple of weeks I've tryed to find a 5.45x39 chamber reamer and was surprised to find they weren't around. May need to go that route but of course $100 won't do it anymore!:angry:

#7 ·
I'm sure that a 5.45x39 reamer will have to be custon/special ordered. However, anyone who makes the headspace gauges for that cailber should be able to make one. The cost however is unknown.

#13 ·
Picked up a Logan lathe today and was hoping I could figure out how to drill some and run a liner in.

My standard learning curve will put me shooting it in 2010!

#14 ·
You know. I think you are on to something. 7.62x25 would make a sweet small game cartridge for use in the woods (read, short range). I am imagining it would be perfect in a mini-Mauser or a small lever action. Have you ever checked the muzzle velocity out of a carbine length barrel? Will it break 2000fps?

#17 ·
panaceabeachbum said:
the destroyer would make a great platform for the x25 , I have not chronoed the rifle but will later in the week, I imagine 2000 fps would be obtainable, the yugo ammo runs over 1600fps out of my goverment model 5" bbl
By goverment model, do you mean a 1911? I tried putting some 7.62x25 ammo in a 38 Super 1911 magazine, but they are just long enough to bind up and get stuck in the mag. How did you make this work?

#20 ·
rbthntr64 said:
Read Spanish Destroyer carbine. 9mm Largo. Very similar to the 7.62x25
Thanks for pointing that out. That is one rifle that I had completely overlooked. It would be sweet in 7.62x25.

Anyone know where I can get one that needs a new barrel?

#21 ·
I know whe you can get one, but the rifle is near mint. I think the guy want around $300 for it.

#23 ·
It could be either one. GETIT over at Akfiles.com has successfully completed a blowback design ak in 7.62x25. It is in the gunsmithing thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.