Gunco Forums banner

My 1919 Build and Refinish

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  SalBO 
#1 ·
I built this 1919 about 2 years ago and have been shooting it ever since. The kit was pretty prestine so I didnt refinish it right away in hopes that the right side plate would form a natural patina that might somewhat match the rest of the gun. It formed one but it didnt match too well. I decided to work on something of mine this week for a change and this was the first thing I noticed so it got the nod. This is a .308 A4 shorty version with a 17 inch barrel. I have the A6 kit also but I like the spade grips better tha a shoulder stock. I dont have room in here or I would take some on the original M2 tripod I have for it. Maybe another day I will take some pictures of it mounted...This also is a T&S machine RSP and Sam did the engraving too....I hope you enjoy the pics.......

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks guys. i shoot both links and belts with it and it feeds like a new one. It never gives me any hicuups. I guess I got lucky with it. I have allthe original stuff for it like 2 new full length barrels, a linker and a belt loader plus tool bags and a buch of small U.S. 1919 tools. I mainly use an AA tripod with it and a can mount from one of the guys at 1919.com...i also have an original M2 tripod and case. The M2 is way too low for me to use so it just sits in a closet drawing dust and value...The belt loader is fun to use but the links are easier and Im afraid of screwing up the belt loader so I leave it home.....hehe
Im so glad I did this a few years ago before these prices went nuts...I cant believe what a belt loader is selling for now....unbelievable

#8 ·
Illya Kuryakin said:
As we are always saying about rising prices, it's all about timing :thumbup1:
you have that right.....I ran aacross a few belt loading machines the other week and almost passed out when I saw the asking price...hehe

#10 ·
Francisco Pizarro said:
Looks great Bobby. Makes me want to get mine going but I'm going to have to wait. Just ordered the Johnny on the spot for the builders.
"Johnny on the Spot ?"

#11 ·
We tore the house down. We're living in an apartment. Just found out today there's a high probability of plastic soil (crappy soil) in our foundation dig which means we'll have to dig deeper and fill it with some rock/fill. Have to get the johnny on the spot on the property for the workers. All kits and guns stored elsewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.