Gunco Forums banner

1919 build

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  pirate56 
#1 ·
I am considering a 1919 build. Built ARs and AKs. I waw looking at a kit from R guns (excellent condition $399 plus $10 shipping to me).

1. Does anyone have have experience with R Guns?
2. What is involved with the build? Anygood tutorials out there?

Thanks guys.

#2 ·
I've never ordered from them, but almost have a few times. Their shipping on the 1919 is cheap as that's a heavy parts kit.

1919a4.com is probably the best source for info and build instructions. Others here probably have tips as well given a few of us have completed this build. It's really pretty easy.

I'd suggest Blackbear rivets and a heat treated RSP made Sam Alvarez.

#6 ·

www.1919a4.com This has has all the info you will need. You can post your rough area in which you live and people have build parties at their home. You get to use their different tools(these cost money) you would need to do the build but more importantly their expertise(there is a learning curve in everything) in assembling a very safe and professionaaly built gun. You will probably make friends that you will meet at the range to help you fine tune your gun. Besides you will meet other great people. If I go to the range by myself it is never as enjoyable as going with someone else.

#7 ·
Ordered from them several times. R-guns has always provided great service. When I had something damaged in shipping they just sent me a new one and Return tag to ship the damaged one back. No screwing with UPS. Everything that they sell is always the condition that they say.

-Yarro

#8 ·
Do a build party if you can.I built a 1919a4 "Izzy"last July at the NOVA build party and met a lot of great people.The guy that does the tutorial on 1919a4.com flew up from Florida to give his expertise.Now I am doing a USGI build in 30-06 and a 8mm conversion.Love those belt feds.gunut

#9 ·
gunut said:
Do a build party if you can.I built a 1919a4 "Izzy"last July at the NOVA build party and met a lot of great people.The guy that does the tutorial on 1919a4.com flew up from Florida to give his expertise.Now I am doing a USGI build in 30-06 and a 8mm conversion.Love those belt feds.gunut
do you have the guy from florida contact info thinking of doing a 1919

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.