Gunco Forums banner

New 50 bmg upper from Bohica Arms.

8K views 77 replies 26 participants last post by  rbthntr64 
#1 · (Edited)
ALL MY POST WERE REMOVED FROM THIS THREAD DUE TO STOP FEEDING THE TROLL.

#9 ·
I sent him an email and he said if you were on the list before the price change you get the old price. BUT even at the new price he's the cheapest I have found building a 50BMG upper.

Now I need to start rounding up ammo and find a place that will let me shoot it. My range doesn't allow 50BMG or full-auto(don't own any autos).

#10 ·
It sounds like he'll honor whatever the price is when you place your order.

Put my name on the list for one with a 30" barrel, sent him an email earlier and he responded in a few hours. He said the next group will be out sometime in August.
He also said the price will soon be going up, so if anyone thinks they want one get on the list a while.

Thanks again for sharing the info Rbthntr64.

Now what would be a good receiver for this?
And what about a stock? The one he shows on the site looks nice but I bet it's expensive.

#16 ·
Thanks for finding them, his website is under construction, all I could get up was that beastly bolt pic and some good info. This thing looks really nice, I'm in. I would like to see this thing take off for this guy. I like to support small independantly owned companies. I guess RRA will get a call Monday too for a new lower! (Not so small anymore, huh?)

#20 ·
rbthntr64,

If you don't mind, what do you know about this guy and what relationship if any, do you have with him?

At the start of the summer I saw your post about this and ordered one. I also saw your posts on several other boards about BOHICA.

Here is my story about this deal.

When I ordered this thing they said, OK your on the list and when we are ready to ship your parts we will call you for a credit card. OK! All good!

A few months went buy and I got a call July 23 and they said we need your card number. I said great! You must ber ready to ship? The reply was not yet but in about 7 days 10 maximum we just need to test fire it. So I paid them.

Two weeks went by with no information So I sent an email and Chris got back to me and said we had a little delay but your stuff is ready to go it will ship in a couple days.

Another ten days still nothing. So another contact, It's in the box packed and ready to go.! Great! Except it didn't go....

Guess what, It just missed the truck on Friday! More time passes still no ship.

Chris posts on another sight that the first 50 HAVE SHIPPED and are on the way. Well since mine has been in the box and ready to go I must be in good shape.

Guess what Still no shipment. Hmm... What is going on?

We are over a month into this now and I'm pretty sure I have been lied to at least a few times. But, I want to think the best so... More contact and well my stuff is not in a box anymore....

After some pressure Chris comes clean on another message board that 50 DID NOT SHIP. He says it was actualy only 36 Problems with a vendor he says. That was almost two weeks ago. At this time I have been only able to verify 1 shipment receieved.

So more contact and a promiss that "Your upper will ship on 9/5/07" Period. No excuses.

9/5 comes and goes with no contact on Friday 9/7 I contact him again and guess what It's in the box and ready to ship again!! OK So Friday passes and Saturday morning comes No tracking no contact.

So I attempt contact again and no reply as of now.

I have been watching his posts on other web sites and talking with other customers of his and comparing notes on what we are all being told and all I will say at this point is that is very interesting....

I'm realy not sure what to think. I have clearly been told things that were not true with the intent to deceive or stall me.

The funny thing is if I had been told, hey I need the money and it may take a few months to get this out to you I still would have purchased it and that would be it fine. but I don't like to be lied to.

I feel like I am in the middle of a JoeKen type of thing. And I'm not the only one.

#21 ·
The funny thing is if I had been told, hey I need the money and it may take a few months to get this out to you I still would have purchased it and that would be it fine. but I don't like to be lied to.
That's the way I feel about it, you BS the customers to much you get use to doing it and it ends up biting you in the ass down the road.

Looks like it turned into a flame fest. If it looks like this thread heads that way, i'll have the mods remove it.
I really doubt it will become a "flame fest" here, the people here are far more mature then the other site mentioned. :D If it does get out of hand don't remove it, just have it locked, removing a thread is like burning a book.

#23 ·
So...how does this not blow your shoulder into next week??
Please excuse my ignorance , but I thought you needed a REAL heavy rifle for 50 BMG??

#25 ·
As a retailer who has been in business for a very long time, I can tell you this.
It is a violation of the MC/Visa merchant agreement to process the the sale (whack your CC) before the unit is ready to ship.
They can get a verification number to make sure you have enough credit and set the funds aside, but not actually charge you.

Tell him you want a drop dead ship date and that if it does not ship on that date, you are going to dispute the charge. If he gets a couple of disputes, they will void his merchant agreement and his ability to accept CCs. Not a good way to start out.

#26 ·
I've been keeping a eye on this thread for sometimes now. Would buy this upper,but I think a few threads should be posted,just to see what the outcome of the shipping ordeal is.
The last time I got into a mass, it went on for over a year. By the time it was said and done, I was not happy with product. It just was not worth the long wate. Hope this turns good, couse I sure won't this 50 cal upper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.