Gunco Forums banner

my mini 1919 22lr build

33K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  icky 
#1 ·
Here are a few pics of my little 1919a4 in 22lr built from one of the kits sold by lakeside machine a few weeks ago , very fun build , even more fun to shoot. Lakeside is getting a batch of 1917 sets ready over the next few weeks and I believe he is making a list of folks interested in the 1919 sets also.

51 hours to build

See less See more
#5 ·
Cost including the tripod, all the gun parts and the T+E mechanism was $1326 , less than a full size 1919. Came with one cloth belt, they have clothe belts as well as links avail .

The work required wasnt bad , the right plate comes as just a laser cut blank as the finished profile , you have to machine a few slots, the charging handle slot and drill a few holes to finish the plate, the bbl has to chambered . the only other work other than the hand fitting and finish is to drill the 7/16 hole in the trunion for the bbl and a 1/16" hole for the lower feed pawl. There is a little fitting of the grip casting/back plate . All the operations could be easily done on one of the little $450 bench top mills from harbour freight .

here is a before and after pick of the right plate which would be considered the receiver

the left plate is done and can be layed over the right side blank and a couple of transfer punches used to layout all the holes , which can be drilled on a std drill press here is a pic of both plates ready to install

#17 ·
SWEET!!!!!!! :D

#22 ·
i doubt anyone could do a .22 mini gun (hint challenge for pb) :p

#24 ·
Cool my friend! I may just have to drop by to see you if I ever get to your neck of the woods!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.