Gunco Forums banner

Wise Lite semi auto MG42 receiver review

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  dutigaf 
#1 ·
I got my Wise Liter receiver last night. It is a thing of beauty!! I saw a sample at Knob Creek so I knew it would be a piece of carefully manufactured, precision machine work. I was not disapointed. After close examination the craftsmanship is evident, the parts are perfectly formed and fitted together precisely. I took some basic measurements rorm a reweld and it is spot on.

I am doing this built with parts I have on hand left over from other builds, so I am short a couple of parts that are coming from Dan at Angola. The cam piece fit on nicely, and the feed cover and tray fit properly. I had to hit the rear sides of the receiver with a file to get the feed cover to latch properly.

All in all this receiver is definately worth the $950.00 for a serious builder. It is a legal, approved, registered receiver that will make an easy,quality build that will be worth all the time and money you put into it.

As soon as the rest of the parts arrive I can test fit the rails, install the grip retainer bracked and check the buffer fit
I will be doing a complete new tutorial with this build, it looks like it will be a fairly easy one to complete.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
i was told NO..... they are what they are at this point in time, that may have changed but you would probably have to ask WLA on that one.

#10 ·
pirate56 said:
No they are not dimpled, the sides are flat.

I hope to get started on this next week.
O.K. will there be an issue of the rails being to far outward, or will you space with a washer, or no issue at all?
I'm only guessing that they left the camming section long to allow for match up of barrel shroud? I see that the camming hole on the left side isn't a complete square. Is this correct?
Looks great otherwise and can't wait to see it built.

Thanks!

#11 ·
this build is coming along for me and Pirate is farther along than that.... he's just been so busy that he hasnt got to the tutorials alot yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.