Gunco Forums banner

FAL recievers

3K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  natro 
#1 ·
So where's the current action? As in whos has any to sell? A friend was asking about building one and I haven't been paying attention to the FAL scene lately.

#6 ·
I think ORF has them.

You mean they have actually finally produced one? I didn't think it would ever really happen. They've only been promising them for what, at least two years now.

Anybody considering using an ORF, Keep in mind they do not have an ejector block. Unless you are a accomplished FAL smith (and have a spare ejector block) I would stay away from them. Proper ejector block location/installation is critical to a reliable rifle and from what I understand, requires a special jig to install.

I used an Imbel receiver for my last FAL build, very nice but are scarce and pricey. I still have another kit to build, but I'm waiting until the feeding frenzy is over. All those $149 kits that Akron and Dan's sold last year have put a high demand on receivers.

#10 ·
I would go with a name brand like Dan Coonan or DSA before I would even consider the "the dream of" FAL receiver ORF is going to make ...in the near future, if the sun is aligned with the planets, etc, etc.

I've got several FAL builds on Coonan receivers all went together no problems didn't need to worry about lack of heat treating or missing ejector blocks either!!!

FAL Receivers by Dan Coonan Industries, INC.

#13 ·
I'm not really into some of the challenges involved with what I've read about on century recievers. Although I have the knowledge I don't have some of the advanced machine tools to enjoy any kind of alterations to get something to work. Thanks for the link WhiteDevil, although it looks like they haven't updated it lately, I'll shoot them an email and see what's up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.