Gunco Forums banner

What happened to the Suomi kits?

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  gclark94560 
#1 ·
Before I left on vacation I was going to order a Suomi parts kit from Copes, but I let my (soon to be now) ex-wife talk me into waiting and now there are none to be found. I did see some on Gunbroker for $118.00, but they were just $59.99 in Copes. What gives????:dunno:

#3 ·
Dogone coketeck,you must be the only person in the US that is without a suomi kit. Hard to belive they have gone up that much.
At one time if you brought a AK kit, you got a SUOMI KIT FREE. Just a sign of the times. All kits have gone sky high.

#9 ·
there are a lot of guys sitting on these wating for a good way to convert them to SA. undoubtedly the recent articals in SGN have stirred a interest in these and now they are gone and the price has shot up on the secondary market. stens used to be $25 as well.

#11 ·
I didn't realize they'd dried up completely but I wasn't looking to getting anymore anyways. Sure miss the days of buying a kit and getting the Suomi kit for free also...I got almost all my kits that way. I agree with redchevyman in that I hope somebody comes out with a 100% receiver & bolt setup for the Suomi as I'd love to have a rifle and pistol setup.

#13 ·
hey TT... what brings you over here???

shouldnt you be working on those flats??

LOL im waiting on you to say they are shipping.

:)

#16 · (Edited)
#18 ·
<<"I agree with redchevyman in that I hope somebody comes out with a 100% receiver & bolt setup for the Suomi as I'd love to have a rifle and pistol setup.">>

Actually - there is!

My Striker fired Suomi is now BATF approved. Prexis makes the bolt and receiver. I sell a How-to-buildbuild CD and I also do striker and FCG mods. Lease to own homes in Chambers County Alabama.

I think he means a ready to buy set up.
Simply hang the parts on it and go. I'd also be up for this but I suspect it won't happen so I'll go the longer route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.