Gunco Forums banner

New FAL addition to the family

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  DMGunn 
#1 ·
So there I was over at my buddy's father's house helping the old man move. Spent good part of the day packing and stacking. Then at the end of the day my buddys dad turns to me and says.

"hey you like guns and I don't have need of these parts and reloading equipment so take them home" I was very greatful as my buddy doesn't shoot so he didn't need the stuff and the old man didn't want to throw out the parts.

Reloading equipment was old but more the marer I always say. Then he hands me a box of parts

A complete minus buttstock Belgian G1 parts kit, All parts are stamped FN and the barrel has a beautiful belgian crown stamping on it and the bore is perfect.

So I started putting her together this morning on a DCI receiver....shes ugly now but soon will be beautiful again.

Next step finding a good wooden buttstock and then getting her parked....

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
What a coincidence.

I just spent most of the morning timing a FAL. It hand tightened to about 9:30. I used some 80 grit sanding discs with the center holes opened up to 1 inch. I must have had the receiver on and off 25 times checking my progress. I just now finally got it to 11:00.
Park party next weekend.

BTW, Nice score Bob.

#8 ·
I have 3 other DCI Fal receivers and all time about 9-9:30 I'll take the 80 grit sanding disc approach next week on them. I completely lucked out on this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.