Gunco Forums banner

My Saiga 12

5K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  awtnot 
#1 ·
I thought I'd share some pictures of my converted Saiga 12.

It has a K-VAR buttstock and US pistol grip.
All extra holes were filled by TIG welding small dimples of sheetmetal in place.
Has a Red Star Arms adjustable trigger group.
Trigger guard is a cut down Hungarian piece with a custom selector stop.
Scope is a PK-AS-S that I bought from Tantal.
Sling is a blue/gray DDR AK-74 sling that I simmered in black RIT dye.

See less See more
#8 ·
#11 ·
Send tantal an email and request his latest price list. You might tell him you are looking to find a PK-AS-S. That way if he is out of them he could tell you when or if he will be getting more in.

The email addy is tantal@sbcglobal.net

Doug is good people. He's also located in Texas so the shipping prices are low and it won't take very long.

I'd hold out for the one with the AK style mount, the PK-AS-S.

The other one that uses and AK mount is the PK-AS-V (v for Vepr). It moves the optic over the centerline of the rifle. It will also block you view of the iron sights. I like the way the PK-AS-S is offset to the left. It puts the optic in front of your eyes without making you lean over. Perfect for the S-12 IMHO.

#15 ·
actually took mine out yesterday and ran 2 10 round clips thru it.....

while i didnt get it to bumpfire.... it did cycle as fast as i could work it. and that was REAL fast.

#16 ·
actually took mine out yesterday and ran 2 10 round clips thru it.....

while i didnt get it to bumpfire.... it did cycle as fast as i could work it. and that was REAL fast.
Just got one in myself and was thinking about bumpfire with the MDdrum for fun. ind of funny thought tho.

- Black Blade

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.