Gunco Forums banner

100mw green laser range test

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jumm 
#1 ·
We bough an assortment of optics and lasers fron a company in China we met at the shot show last month. we were impressed with the quality of thier products and also the pricing. we got our order in and I decided to take home a 100mw green laser to test out.
I finally got a chance to test out the 100 mw green laser today. While I have some optics I usually use iron sights as I like to plink, not target shoot. this is my first experience with a laser sighting device. Now I am pretty much old school when it comes to guns, the only things I consider necessary are a sling, bipod and possibly a bayonet, (only because there is an attachment point for it) and stuff that needs batteries is just a pita.
Now we fooled around with these at the shop and could see the spot out to well over 100 yards in bright day light, but I was just not convinced it would really work on a gun. indoors you can light up a room with it, it is definatly not a toy. last week I got a carry handle mount for my AR15, with 16" barrel, mounted the laser on it and sighted it in with a laser bore sighter, I put the dot just above the front sight post.
At the range I was usnig 50 foot pistol targets at 50 yards with 62 grain bulleted brown bear ammo, and was shooting off a less than rigid table. I was there from 11 am to 1 pm and it was a bright sunny day. The laser spot was clearly visable at 50 yards, and covered the 3" black spot on the target.
I fired off about 40 rounds and was pretty impressed. I then took off the scope and shot a 5 round group with iron sights on the bottom of the target. Then I mounted a 4x colt style knock off scope and shot the 10 round group in the bulls eye. then I put the laser back and shot the lower 10 round group and then the upper 16 round group.
I am pretty impressed with this thing and can't wait to take it out plinking.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.