Gunco Forums banner

16" bbl RPD

5K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  weaponeer 
#1 ·
This is a custom RPD we are building to try out some variations. the barrel has been cut to 16" and a FAL flash hider installed. we eliminated the bipod and will be making a custom ammo holder to get rid of the bulky drum that sits on the side and throws the gun off balance. it is finishe with Dulite, it is a hot salt type bath that gives a nice matte black finish.

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
I bumped up the size of the original

Working left to right, I see : no evidence of a stubb buttstock or recoil assembly tube under his right hand - there's some funky semi-circular metal assembly just forward of the ejection port and his left hand grips the legs of a bipod (I thought FAL, but it might be a DP28 - look at the big round pivot points under the front sight) and at the muzzle brake looks like an AK47 slant.

#17 ·
From left to right, recognizable RPD features : box receiver, cocking handle (folded up), ejection port, rear sight and 'hump', then the front two-point mounted gas assembly.

Looks like someone grafted an AK front sight onto the flat top of the front gas assembly ring.
No forearm, obviously, but that looks like a FAL or AK47 pistol grip.
Still can't figure out what the 1/4 circle assembly is, in front of the ejection port.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.