Gunco Forums banner

New pics, old project

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  IRONMULE 
#1 · (Edited)
Yugo M53. I'm still working out a weak primer hit problem. Some rounds go bang, some don't. Weak hammer strike or too much firing pin spring resistance.

Typical Yugo 8mm kit, Wiselite rear receiver section and muzzle bearing, Pirate type grip/bolt mods. I made the grip panels from some old oak I had sitting around. A near perfect match to the teak stock.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm just trying to catch up on posting some project pics now that after so many years of putting it off I finally bought a digital camera. :)

Also doing what others here have done, supplied some "visual motivation" for others to build that next item on their wish list. If a grouchy :eek:ldtimer: can do it using funky cheap hand tools I know others can too!

#7 ·
I've been holding off modifying the striker any until I've exhausted all other possibilities. Thanks.

#8 ·
Hello RetVet
Are you using the AR15 fire control group? or the FAL fire control group? Look at the hammer to firing pin contact area that touches your firing pin or strike block, the hammer needs to hit square onto the firing pin, not hit the corner upward or edge in angle of firing pin. The hammer force needs to contact stright dead on the firing pin towards the primer. Keep in mind that the YUGO 8mm ammunition has a harder primer that needs extra force to ingite the cartridge. There are bolt action rifles that don't ingite the YUGO 8mm ammunition cuz of the harder primer. I hear that the Romanian 8mm ammunition has softer primer and takes less hammer force to fire the cartridge than the YUGO.Let me know if this helps Cheers IRONMULE
ps what a good looking gun you have!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.