Gunco Forums banner

Saiga 20 Magazines

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  hcpookie 
#1 ·
Trying to find Saiga 20 magazines that will fit the 2 3/4" shells. Also, the factory magazine will not feed but a couple of rounds before jamming. Please advise. THANXZZZ!!!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Well I thought SureFire Mags made some for the S-20, but I can't find any listing for them? ProMag is a no go too.

You might have to give more details about the jamming. Did you try both gas setting?

#3 ·
Yes, I changed the gas settings, as well as switching from Remington to Winchester ammunition. Both changing the setting and switching ammo helped a little, but did not solve the problem. It appears the factory mag's spring may be weak because the shells don't seem to load properly (they want to stay cocked and will not lay flat without some finessing). Your thoughts. THANXZZZ!!!

#4 ·
Hello jake47
It sounds like your gas ports in barrel is partily plugged. Be sure gun is unloaded first.Take out the gas adjustment plug then drop out the puck, you will see three barrel ports inside the gas tube, use a small metal hook type of tool with less than 5/32 inch diameter to poke in the angled gas ports and give it a firm jingle and thrusting into port, you will see debris fall out.It's very common that the saiga has ports blocked. Let us know if that works.IRONMULE

#5 ·
I would check that the gas ports are clear like Ironmule said, I'd also take the mag apart and look for any burrs on the inside of the mag body or on the follower and remove them with sand paper or a fine file.

#7 ·
I disassembled and checked the puck, which was clean. I could only find one gas port in the tube, and it was clean. I have a composite plastic magazine that came with it and didn't see anyway to disassemble it without tearing it up. I really think that I need a steel magazine, if they are available. Please advise. THANXZZZ!!!

#8 ·
Hello jake47
The saiga 12 with 19 inch barrels needs three ports and saiga 12 with 24 inch barrels needs two ports, some 19 inch barrels had two ports which is made wrong. If your gun is new ,less than one year old, you can get warrenty repairs, it takes a month or month and half turn around. Contact Vicki Jo at the Cadiz gun works. Check online search for the Cadiz phone numbers.They do the saiga warrenty work. as well as custom work on saigas.Let us know how you do. Good luck IRONMULE

#11 ·
Well Jake I looked around and can't find any mags for 2 3/4", only 3".
AK-74 AK-47 SVD 7.62x39 5.45X39 7.62X54 magazine clips inert ammunition

And I saw a post on Saiga forum were someone else (unless it was you) had the same problem, on person said they had to open the gas port a little but gave no details.
So if your not a member there you might want to sign up and ask over there.
Sorry I couldn't help any more then that.

#14 ·
There was a guy making them, went so far as to have the molds and samples made, then everyone came out with the plastic mags and he closed up shop before starting actual production. As I recall he had the molds (presses really) up for sale.

I personally would have preferred metal mags, but I'm old fashioned :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.