Gunco Forums banner

Source for stock Saiga FCG?

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  tbtravis 
#1 ·
I am considering returning a "converted" rifle back to the original configuration, but I don't have the original fcg. I have found plenty of "conversion" fire control groups for Saiga, but does anyone sell the factory stock versions (new or used). The .308 style would work best, but I am open to other options.

Thanks!

#2 ·
You'd be better off putting a WTB ad in the classifieds area, and also put one up at the Saiga forum.
Or get a hold of a company(s) that do conversions, just ask for a bunch of the left over parts and sort through them.

Easiest ways I can think of.

#3 ·
if your rifle is not a 308 then dont use that set up. it is possably the worst trigger ever installed in a modern fire arm. the type that use the extra holes are much much better.

Id call some of the cionversion places and im sure they would be happy to help.

Why go back to stock BTW??????????

#5 ·
Wait a minute, you might want to check the laws a little closer, or hopefully someone from that state will chime in.
But I thought you could have a pistol grip if you need to use a tool to remove the mag?

Here look at this thread, he lives in Comifornia and has one of those mag release things, he also added the barrel extension so he could keep the folder.
http://www.gunco.net/forums/f50/my-first-re-weld-yugo-m70-52947/

#6 · (Edited)
Wait a minute, you might want to check the laws a little closer, or hopefully someone from that state will chime in.
But I thought you could have a pistol grip if you need to use a tool to remove the mag?

Here look at this thread, he lives in Comifornia and has one of those mag release things, he also added the barrel extension so he could keep the folder.
http://www.gunco.net/forums/f50/my-first-re-weld-yugo-m70-52947/
You are correct, there are ways around the gun laws; something I have had to become all to familar with.

What I am trying to do is get around the preconceived notion that some gun ranges have that ALL AKs are illegal in California, and for some even a complete explaination on my part about why mine is legal is not enough. A regular Saiga is just fine with them, but put a pistol grip on it and you are no longer welcome. All I want to do is shoot and not raise alot of negative interest from others.

Sorry for the rant

PS: I did get a heads-up on some trigger parts from another forum member. I appreciate the help.

#12 ·
Woodworker,
I have all the trigger parts I removed from my Saiga (5.45) in one box. Everything is there except the disconnector spring, which you can buy from a sponsor, DPH Arms.

Disconnector Spring - $1.23

Let me know if you want them.

I also have a stock Saiga buttstock if you need it, and a stock handguard too.
I am very interested, but I don't have enough posts yet to send you a PM. I will send you a note in a few days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.